Dog Trainer Warning

crazedACD

Just figured I'd pass this along...I know sometimes this stuff is sensationalized, but he does not have very good reviews either. I guess this guy does service dog, schutz, FR, etc.

Steve Welch is a dog trainer in orange and Riverside counties. DO NOT USE HIM! He will tell you that your pet will be lodged in an airy, shaded, lovely outdoor kennel, when the reality is that they are housed in plastic airline crates, WITH NO WATER, in his poorly ventilated HOT garage! I have photos posted on my FB page, as I was supposed to learn how to train dogs with him.....until I discovered that he's a narcissistic, lying POS. He showed my mom and I his facility, and before I discovered the truth, we paid him a LOT of money for boot camp for my mom's white boxer. It wasn't until after I signed the confidentiality agreement and was allowed behind the scenes, that I saw what was really going on. In my first two days there, one of his customer's dog DIED, most likely from heat exhaustion. On my first day, when I saw the BS these poor dogs were suffering through, I pulled my mom's dog out. I only stayed long enough to gather evidence for animal control, who was fooled by his lies. The only reason the garage was open at the time was for me to take the photo. It was normally CLOSED. Look at the BIG shepherd in the SMALL crate. Welch also operates a "rescue" and a nonprofit for assistance dogs. Don't be fooled!

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
That is so incredibly sad. :( It's SHOCKING how many kennels and boot camps give dogs the most horrendous, deplorable care and charge thousands of dollars. People must do their research and demand complete tours, to see exactly where their dogs are, and watch the trainer work with their dogs.

A local "Dog Resort" whose owner is the self-proclaimed "dog whisperer of northern california" is similar to this. The general population of dogs are kept in kennels, but sick dogs, boot camp dogs, barking dogs, etc are kept in small airline crates upstairs in a hot room - and kennel cough spreads constantly, because they have no quarantine area and poor cleaning practices. They put shock collars on any dog who barks in their kennel, doesn't get along with other dogs outside, and any dog in boot camp, without EVER telling the owners! This place has been voted #1 boarding kennel in Sacramento for several years. I know all of this because my good friend who is a trainer worked there, discovered all of this, and quit. One of the regular clients at our hotel took her Lab there for boot camp... she came home violently ill, and died a few days later! This dog came to our hotel every day for a year for daycare, and was never sick a day in her life. If you ask for a tour of the facility they will only show you the front area, because everything else is filthy, dogs are being abused, and people just seem fine with a 1 minute tour. I made a point to show people every inch of the hotel that I worked at when I took them on a tour, so that they knew nothing abusive was going on.

Members online

No members online now.