Poodle found with coat so overgrown he couldn't walk

MPP

petperson
Good lord. There was a DOG underneath all of that?!? They removed a kilogram of --well, you can't exactly call it fur, can you. That's more than two pounds! And the dog weighed what, four or five pounds? If that? I cannot imagine how different the world seems to him right now.

poodlesmom

That poor puppers! I'm so glad he was found and able to be helped! I'm sure he'll find a wonderful, loving forever home!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
The sad thing is, this isn't the first picture I've seen of a dog that bad. If I could get my hands on the people who do this for just 5 minutes...

What a sad but great ending to the story.

I see alot of bad mats on dogs working in grooming. Obviusly never this bad, but pretty darn close, must have taken 4-5lbs of nasty matted hair off a cocker a few weeks ago.

I took about a pound of nasty matted ears off a CKCS today. horrid.

Im going to print this news story and post it at work

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Oh my God, that is horrible. We've had some nasty, NASTY crap come from the grooming department (maggots falling out of mats, having to sheep shear an OES, a solid mat of feces covering the total stomach of a cat, etc.), but we have never had a dog that bad. I'm so glad he was able to get help!

And hoorah for the groomer. I don't think I could have stomached working on a dog with cockroaches crawling out of it. *shudders*

Brattina88

The sad thing is, this isn't the first picture I've seen of a dog that bad. If I could get my hands on the people who do this for just 5 minutes...
:( ditto !

There was a cocker at the pound who looked just that bad. Recently, maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago. I tried to pull him/her (you couldn't tell which) and they told me "it" was at the vet... (volunteer vet) The rescue and I tried & tried to pull her, but they put "it" down, there was nothing we could do.

So glad to see a good ending, though :)

Members online

No members online now.