Annoucing the arrival of CaseyWhiskey

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Or better known as Case A Whiskey. Hyia is the proud mama of a little scrawny buff and white male cat. He has beautiful Dark gold eyes. HE has been behind teh bookcase for a couple hours but the last time I checked he had come up on the bed iwth her and i startled him. So no more checking by me.

He was adopted from a local vet. HE has been in there for a year, came in when he was 3 months old. He has all of his shots, i have his rabies tag, he has been fixed and he has his claws. He shared the same space with his sister. That's a long time and I explained exactly to Hyia how she was going to take this very slow and easy. THat she is to help him by giving him time and being on the quiet side for now.

THis is Hyia's Christmas present. She was so surprised because I have said no for years.

I here quiet laughing in there.... I think he is playing with her. SHe will be tired in school tomorrow.

THank you Chazhound Secret Santa.

she's still awake so i opened the door to tell her she has to go to sleep now..he was right by her shoulder and her hand was resting lightly...oooh oh now there is giggling. WE turned the light off and put the black light on which must be pleasing to him.

Barb04

Super Moderator
So happy for both of them. This is just what Hyia needed to bring her spirits up.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I will try to get pics up next tuesday. IF he will let me take one.He's very good at hiding and we are not pressing him.

First thing my son said when he saw him is "why did you get her an ugly cat? Why didn't you get her a pretty one?" I told him it was all about the personality, and granted he isn't a looker but he is a lover and besides that, she chose him as well out of the 5 more fat, elegant and posh looking cats. HE needs a little girl and she chose him so that was why.

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
Congratulations to Hyia on her new buddy. He sounds pretty darned wonderful to me. She doesn't need him as a decoration, she needs him to talk to her and she to him. I hope he will mouse.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Good news...I had told myself if that cat didn't drink water and eat something by tomorrow morning he was going to go back. He is too pitiful to go without, he is scary thin. He had bm in teh liter box, the water level was down enough it wasn't just dehydration and a little bit of the kibble and one tiny bite of cheese were missing. I still found him back in teh back of the closet and pulled him out. I checked his skin to see if he is getting dehydrated. but that is progress.

THey really need to pipe in some noise where they have those cats. Sitting in silence all the time is not good. RUn a tape of house hold sounds...anything. THe furnace is small and it is right next to Hyia's room. Between her room and the kitchen. Everytime it clicked on his heart raced so fast I thought he was going to have a heart attack. I haven't had the heart to turn on the tv or the radio. Just keeping it quiet and giving time. WE will add one or the other very slowly. IT's inch by inch with Whiskey.

His eyes make up for any slightness anywhere else. He also has a big nose. HE looks a we bit siamese to me. I doubt he weighs 6 lbs. His back feels odd too but that might be from an early injury. HE does walk odd but they said it won't hurt him. I haven't heard his knees pop yet but they said they do. I had every reason to say no to this cat and get one of the fat obviously healthy ones. THey even said "are you sure?" lilting up at the end. I figured no matter how small this house is, even Hyia's room would be a paradise to that cage. Anyway it was the right thing to do. I Should have filmed him when he was in there, rubbing all over the bars reaching out to patty you while the others had dilated pupils backing back into their hideouts. He's a good guy and he needed a chance. They said no one else has wanted him, that if i wanted time it wasn't like he was going anywhere. I couldn't stand for him to be in there one more hour let alone a few more days which is why he is an early Christmas cat. I worried today but thought everyone being gone including the dogs is a good thing. The water issue was on my mind and after driving 4.5 hours to the doctor I was glad to get back and find him.

I am going to pick him up some Gerber Baby Beef tonight. I always gave that to kittens, and to mom cats too. I don't want to fight him to get nutrical in his mouth and I don't know that he would take to it on his own either. That was a wee tiny bit of cheese that he ate. I have never known a cat even weak that didn't dive into pureed beef.

Last edited:

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Try putting the Nutrical on his paws. We used to put that hairball remedy goopy stuff on the cats paws... and something about them not liking it on their paws would make them eat it. Not sure if that's true or not but it worked LOL

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
He woofed down (funny haha word) the beef. I could hear Hyia tell me HE LOVES IT from her room. LOts of meowing, lots of quiet talking, a jingly ball rolling around. SHe cleaned her first litter box. LOts of meowing...lots of jingling. HE is being awful vocal...makes me think Siamese ...I will try to take a pic later,I don't want to interrupt them now. lots of chuckling on Hyia's part.

PoodleMommy

Yorkie Love
Cali was like this when we got her.... very thin, very skiddish, she hid for days and days straight... its a long story but she had a bad start.

We just locked her and everything she needed (litter, food, etc.) in one room so she never had to leave (we picked the bedroom) after a few weeks she got very comfortable in that room and then we opened the rest of the house to her.

Now, you would never know... she is FAT, healthy, and happy and very much a people cat... she waits at the door for someone to come home if she is lonely!

Sometimes it just takes a lot of time with cats!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
He has never been without his sister either. THey both have been there since 3-4 months old. HE runs and hides as soon as Hyia leaves her room but even when she is active he comes out and meow.. she says what..he says meow she says what. THis is what i wanted to happen.

bubbatd

Sounding great considering his life up to now !!! You're right about adding sounds slowly ! Has Hiya whistled to him yet ?? Our 1/2 Siamese loved music !

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
SHe can't not whistle and sing at home apparently. SHe told me she told the bus driver, her friends, the librarian (as she checked out a book on how to care for your cat) but she didn't tell her teacher. Gee i wonder why.:(:mad:
THe response to Mary still makes me unhappy there.

Two nights of giggling...maybe she is his sister substitute, either way he is a noisy cat so they are peas in a pod there.

I got three pics while she was taking her bath. Each one he is looking at me like lose the flash you weird woman and go away...it did make his stripes stand out, you can't see them that well, or at least I can't lookin at him in real life.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
it sounds, most importantly, that he and hiya are becomming fast best of buddies and thats definatly what she needed, and what you wanted.

hugs all around :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
IT's looking that way. I will feel better about him when he gets a bit of gloss to him. His coat is awfully dull and dry. A bit of fat to fill him out, but hopefully that will all come in time. AT least she made it to sleep before 10 oclock tonight. SHe normally is asleep by 9.

Members online

No members online now.