The Good News thread

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
My dad is having a lung scan and then he gets to go home!

Yaaay!

I finally slept more than a few hours last night. Napped with Rick from 8pm-11:30pm, got up, took my pill, surfed the web a bit... then slept from 12:30am-10:30am.

I've been needing that.

SaraB

I have my wedding dress. :D It was the first one I saw in the catalog. It was the first one I tried on. And as soon as I put it on, I thought, "This is the one." Tried on a few more gowns just for the heck of it, but I knew it would be that first gown.

I think I was the first person in history to pick out their wedding gown that quickly. ^^
That was me too. Tried on the other two just to appease my step-mom, but went with the one I knew it was going to be all along.

DJEtzel

We had over 70 cats show up to get fixed today. This means we will have a long day, but it also means that our boss bought everyone Jimmie Johns. Win.

Toller_08

Beanie, I hope your Dad will be ok from here on out! How scary. Glad he is able to come home soon!

--------

Job interview next week. Fingers crossed it goes well so I can finally move on from my current job! I've never applied for a job such as the one I am going to be interviewed for, so I don't even know if I'm qualified, but I guess the fact that they gave me a call is a good sign. It sounds like it should have better hours and is much closer to home (this almost two hour commute both morning and night, for no perks except cheaper dog food, is getting old fast). And the ad didn't say, but I imagine that it probably pays better too. I really hope it works out. :)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Wrestled with some code for work yesterday. Thought about it over the night and came up with a new approach. Worked on it for about an hour this morning... then BAM. IT WORKS.
I DON'T KNOW WHY THE OTHER ONES DIDN'T WORK.
BUT IT DOES WHAT I WANT NOW.

And I feel so proud of myself because I accomplished what I wanted.

I'm so bloody clever.

joce

My dad is having a lung scan and then he gets to go home!

I can't remember does he have a clotting disorder?

My dad has only had one major hospitalization with his but he had to find a dr that really paid attention. Turns out his coumadin dose needed adjusted a couple times a week and he was at one point going in for daily lab draws. I think it is twice a week now. It just won't stay constant and thats when he can get the clots.

Thinking of you guys and hoping all continues to go well. Its such a scary situation!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I can't remember does he have a clotting disorder?

My dad has only had one major hospitalization with his but he had to find a dr that really paid attention. Turns out his coumadin dose needed adjusted a couple times a week and he was at one point going in for daily lab draws. I think it is twice a week now. It just won't stay constant and thats when he can get the clots.

Thinking of you guys and hoping all continues to go well. Its such a scary situation!
No he does not. He has what appears to be a blood clot on his leg, the doctors claimed because it went untreated he got blood clots in his lungs from a scan two weeks ago. However after the lung scan yesterday, he has now had several doctors suggesting he never had clots in his lungs, and the reason he couldn't breathe well was simply because he had lost about 60% of the blood in his body. He was giving himself blood thinner injections until the coumadin kicked in, once his blood went therapeutic he stopped having to take the injections, but the doctor now has told him to stop taking it because that is not the problem.

He has a large hiatal hernia and several small ulcers surrounding it, and it's so inflamed, that is what was causing the slow blood loss. He has to go in next week and have them check his hemoglobin levels again and may need some further transfusions until the hernia starts to respond to treatment but hopefully will not have to be checked into the hospital again. They gave him three units of blood and three units of plasma while he was in to replenish what he bled out. Hopefully now that they are aware of the problem and are going to treat it he will not get that bad again.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
In less than 24hrs I'm going to be on my way to Atlanta, Georgia to see Justin Bieber in concert for the 2nd time. It is his last show in the US. It is in the place he first started (he's from Canada, but when he was discovered on YouTube he was moved to Atlanta). It's where he kind of grew up. It's supposed to be a big show. :) And I really, really hope that I'll somehow meet him. Cause after this I won't have another opportunity for who knows how many years, once he's done with his world tour and starts another. If he starts another. Even if I don't meet him I'm just really really excited for this concert. :,)

I got the job that I posted about yesterday! Yay!

Slightly off the good news topic:

During the interview they asked the weirdest questions! If my brain was a color, what color would it be? Really? Guess mine would be purple. Because yeah, purple is a great color. :p

And how sad is it that when asked what my current goals were that all I could think of as an answer was dog stuff. Getting Pirate's conformation CH, advanced obedience training, weight pull, trying agility, etc. Yeah, I think the ladies thought I was weird but seriously, my dogs are my life. :D

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
During the interview they asked the weirdest questions! If my brain was a color, what color would it be? Really? Guess mine would be purple. Because yeah, purple is a great color. :p
You should do some googling for prepping on interview questions, haha. That's a semi-common one, especially in creative jobs.

I read that on a list and pictured my response. "I don't know... purple? Are brains purple? I mean I think when you cut into the skull they're like purpley-blue..."
Failure to understand the exercise.

Congrats!!

You should do some googling for prepping on interview questions, haha. That's a semi-common one, especially in creative jobs.

I read that on a list and pictured my response. "I don't know... purple? Are brains purple? I mean I think when you cut into the skull they're like purpley-blue..."
Failure to understand the exercise.

Congrats!!
lol I really wasn't that prepared. Only my second job ever. :rolleyes:

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Got a generic letter from Mike today with information on his graduation (which is good, as I needed to RO from work)...

BUT I CAN WRITE HIM LETTERS NOW! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

My day just got 10000000000x better.

I was having a horrible day, I didn't feel well, my head hurt, I was tired....but none of it matters now. I can write him letters. :D (And that hopefully means by next week he can start writing *me* letters.)

*runs off to buy stamps while doing a happy dance*

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I lost my voice, so they sent me home! I have my new favorite sammich in front of me: smoked pulled pork, pickles, mustard, swiss, bacon, carmelized red onions. Both dogs are being extra cuddly, I brushed the equivalent of 5 puppies worth of hair out of Sawyer, so he's looking amazing and it's not 8902748923 degrees out.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I brought Izzie back to work with me AND I got to put one of her new hello kitty collars on her for work. Makes my day a lot better (on top of getting lovely text messages).

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Got a generic letter from Mike today with information on his graduation (which is good, as I needed to RO from work)...

BUT I CAN WRITE HIM LETTERS NOW! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

My day just got 10000000000x better.

I was having a horrible day, I didn't feel well, my head hurt, I was tired....but none of it matters now. I can write him letters. :D (And that hopefully means by next week he can start writing *me* letters.)

*runs off to buy stamps while doing a happy dance*
YAY!! I was so happy to get my first letter and to write some back.
And the first care package :rofl1: I was like a crazy person!

Now I send letters in packs of like 7, I write on everyday and send them together (it's less expensive)

it's super lame because we talk on facebook/skype every day but the letter writing thing never lost it's specialness! When we had nothing else, we had letters

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I'm leaving at like 3 in the morning which sucks because it is so darn early. BUT tomorrow is Joey's official debut into the lure coursing world. We have gone to trials before to do practice runs, but now that he is PAL'd with AKC he finally gets to venture into lure coursing for reals. I'm over the moon excited but also kinda nervous to be driving to New Jersey by myself. If anyone happens to be in the Pennsville area at all this weekend we will be at FT Mott coursing. Cross your fingers for a fun and safe coursing weekend. Here it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I'm leaving at like 3 in the morning which sucks because it is so darn early. BUT tomorrow is Joey's official debut into the lure coursing world. We have gone to trials before to do practice runs, but now that he is PAL'd with AKC he finally gets to venture into lure coursing for reals. I'm over the moon excited but also kinda nervous to be driving to New Jersey by myself. If anyone happens to be in the Pennsville area at all this weekend we will be at FT Mott coursing. Cross your fingers for a fun and safe coursing weekend. Here it goes.
Good luck, and have fun!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Also, we have a shipping company! The original one I had found started acting all shady, not returning calls and just all sorts of nonsense. So the we were scrambling to find a new one today and we did! The food truck should be here by Monday and it was still a very affordable price to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Good luck!!

Wrestled with some code for work yesterday. Thought about it over the night and came up with a new approach. Worked on it for about an hour this morning... then BAM. IT WORKS.
I DON'T KNOW WHY THE OTHER ONES DIDN'T WORK.
BUT IT DOES WHAT I WANT NOW.

And I feel so proud of myself because I accomplished what I wanted.

I'm so bloody clever.
My MIL once wrote a program she named "miracle" because she had NO IDEA how or why it worked. It just did

Members online

No members online now.