calling all breed detectives: help us identify our pup's mix??

pupkin

hiya forum folks,

our family is adopting a sweet dog from a very cool rescue organization in the near future. before she joins us, we're trying to get a sense of our new dog's likely breed mix, so we'll have a better idea of what her exercise needs are likely to be, good ways to work with her, and any possible breed-related health risks to keep an eye on. the thing is, we aren't at all confident in our guesses of her breed heritage and neither is her rescue group. but rather than tell you our guesses, i'll show you lots of photos, so you can tell us!

here she is, about 1 year of age (about 24 pounds, height unknown to me):

and here she is at present, now almost 2 yrs old:

a bit of backstory...

she was rescued along with her mother (who was a stray) and a good number of siblings. father is unknown (as far as i am aware), mother and sibs shown below.

mother:

another of mom:

and mom w/pups a couple years ago nearer their time of birth:

sibs:

our pupkin's on the right here, smooching her sister:

and finally, a few more of our lil dog to be ID'd:

hope all the links post ok. let me know if there's a better way to do this.

thank you for your time in helping us sort out pupkin's identity (pupkin's not her real name; she hasn't told us her name yet, ha ha)!

any help is most appreciated!!

<3

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Yeah, the mom looks like a cattle dog mix, and the dog you are getting looks like a Cattledog, Koolie, Border collie.... A mix of any or all cattle/herding dogs :D

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I think you have a true mixed breed there - maybe some cattle dog by her mom's speckles, maybe some Border Collie given her build and her b/w sibling, something small for her size, maybe some shepherd (sister's face markings), perhaps even some sighthound with her head shape and brindling.

Members online

No members online now.