*SATIN BALLS* making them tonight, have questions.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I am making these tonight so i need some help LOL

What about mashing them & MIXING them In WITH the food? I already mix pre made raw into her food so she is all ready used to her food being 'mixed', I use filtered water heated til boiling in the microwave So her food becomes like a soup or mAsh, so the kibbles are coated & she eats them better.

I was planning to do that with the balls (which is a relative word as all the vids I have seen on how to make them say make them kind of like 'discs' so they store better) would she eat them with her kibble better if I make it like I do the pre made raw? Lol I'm going to make this stuff tonight do I need some advice LMBO o_O.

momto8

I've mixed them in with kibble before. When we go Lure Coursing I have to make them for Courtney or she will drop weight in a weekend. She does not really care to travel and won't eat kibble when we are chilling at the car or hotel, so I make them and mix them in with a small amount of kibble for our events. Never had an issue with it, and she has a terrible stomach and can get the runs at the drop of a hat. Hopefully this helps!

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
well soe loved the one i gave her with her food last night! i have a Food Saver, so i can keep the rest of ther ground meat as well as the other balls fresh til its time to make them again.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
here she is in a kind of side pic, this isnt a vert recent pic but she hasnt changed much from this (this was taken shortly after she turned a year, she is almost 2 now).

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
ah, I see. you should have seen the reaction on another forum when i mentioned that i was going to try satin balls on Josefina... they acted like i just said i was going to switch to Beneful or something LOL :9, i repeatedly said that the whole reason i was doing this was because i could not afford pre made raw anymore, because its expensive for one & the other is that it wasnt keeping the weight on Josefina anymore with her increased activity. they just kept telling me about changing kibbles or just feeding kibble, she wont eat 'just' kibble... never has ever since she was a pup, she just never liked it by itself & canned/ pre made raw isnt a financial option any more... i' am just trying to do the best i can for my dog, I'm trying to save somewhere so i can still afford to feed her high quality kibble which is the real important thing to me.

When someone suggested natural balance rolls (again expensive esp for what it is) & i said that i couldnt do that for the reason of that i could not afford it, this one person was like... 'so you'll feed your dog a bunch of carbs & fats but natural balance is not good enough for you?' to which i replied: its not that... i just cant afford it :/

Members online

No members online now.