Drank the vibram koolaid and did a bad thing..

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
First of all wandered into the vibram store today and ended up with these.. not sure what kind they are but they are quite comfy and the people at the store were so nice that I bought them. Woops.

Merlin approves.

Anyway I went for a run this afternoon and decided "Hey let's disregard anything anyone ever told me about these shoes and push for 5 miles"
So I did.

and now I'm dying.
BAD DECISIONS FRAN.

FG167

LOL sorry - it takes forever to recover from that sort of bad decision haha

But your feet look cute and so does your dog :)

tzigane

Haha! I'm probably going to end up doing that whenever I start running back after I recoup from this cold. First time back? Let's do 5 miles!! What could possibly go wrong?!

RBark

Got Floof?
Go for a 5 mile run in the early morning soft dirt trail in those shoes. It is super comfy.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
That's a perfect purchase for Toe shoe Tuesday. And yes that is an actual day in our office
I WANT TO WORK WHERE YOU WORK.

First of all wandered into the vibram store today and ended up with these.. not sure what kind they are but they are quite comfy and the people at the store were so nice that I bought them. Woops.

Merlin approves.

Anyway I went for a run this afternoon and decided "Hey let's disregard anything anyone ever told me about these shoes and push for 5 miles"
So I did.

and now I'm dying.
BAD DECISIONS FRAN.
1. YAY koolaid! You'll love them!
2. Yours are Bikilas, specifically the LS version.
3. BAD FRAN! Are you trying to give yourself stress fractures?!?!

Saeleofu

I WANT TO WORK WHERE YOU WORK.

1. YAY koolaid! You'll love them!
2. Yours are Bikilas, specifically the LS version.
3. BAD FRAN! Are you trying to give yourself stress fractures?!?!
Pretty much that :rofl1: I can't imagine doing that much right off the bat, and I am usually barefoot anyway! Holy crap woman, you're going to be sore FOREVER lol

so im wanting to try these weirdo shoes.... how do you transition to them?
I just wear mine around and use them to workout it, but I don't "run" so my workouts are limited to just wearing while lifting weights or doing box jumps and jump rope and stuff like that. I do short sprints/walk/sprint with them, but no sustained lower intensity runs.

I never had any problems doing that with them, i just put them on a went, but I suspect longer distance running is different, especially if you're running on pavement. I would advise anyone running in these to stick to natural surfaces for quite a while.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
i dont run so they will be my everyday shoes for work, home, around the yard, the store, etc

do i need to relearn how to walk right or something? i know theres some stuff about not walking on your heel but on the ball. or something :confused:

Miakoda

How would these shoes be for someone who has a recurring stress fracture on the top of the arch?

I'm queen on going barefoot, and I shunned my shoes whenever I could as a child. Even now, I'm known amongst friends and family for ditching my shoes at the first possible chance. :D

Saeleofu

How would these shoes be for someone who has a recurring stress fracture on the top of the arch?

I'm queen on going barefoot, and I shunned my shoes whenever I could as a child. Even now, I'm known amongst friends and family for ditching my shoes at the first possible chance. :D

If you go slowly, it may help. If you don't go slowly, it will probably hurt. If you're fine barefoot, you ought to be fine in these shoes.

do i need to relearn how to walk right or something? i know theres some stuff about not walking on your heel but on the ball. or something
It depends on how your gait is. Put them on and walk on concrete, and that will tell you what, if anything, you need to fix. If you heel strike heavily, it will hurt. Ideally, for everyday walking, a midfoot strike or even a light heel strike is fine. If it hurts, change it.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Here is my take, I am never barefoot and surely was never barefoot often as a child. I lived in the city, I wore shoes. I wore slippers around the house... even now I usually have something on (even just socks) unless I'm sleeping.

It's..weird.
You feel everything. Suddenly what your foot DOES when you walk is noticeable since there is no cushion to make it less so. I stand on my tippytoes and ball strike HARD and LOUD when running/walking, which in regular shoes has enough cushion to kind of pad my foot but in these.. I feel it. Especially my running form, it's like retraining how I run because I can FEEL my foot hitting pavement wrong.

and suddenly my pretty normal stance of standing on tippy toes when not moving feels like a workout. which is weird.

I am pretty sore (my achilles tendon especially) then again I was an idiot who went running in them before my feet were ready. So now I'm back to square one and just walking in them to walk Merlin or other dogs.

Overall, I like them. I think once I get more used to walking and get back to running in them slowly they will be great.

The only thing I do not really like is that it POINTS OUT OBVIOUSLY the ways I am running incorrectly. Things that were silly little mistakes or just technical stuff in my nike frees and BLARING mistakes in these because I can feel everything. Which I do like but I don't lol I don't because it's annoying but I know overall it's good for me to know these things I'm doing wrong

RBark

Got Floof?
I can never get them to fit me :( they just don't fit right.
The most hokrifying realization I got from trying to fit VFF's is that I discovered my left foot is size 46, and my right foot is size 47.

MY FEET DON'T MATCH. MY LIFE IS OVER.

Members online

No members online now.