Nature's Logic

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Anyone have an opinion of this food? Juno's been through a couple bags of Fromm and I'm just disappointed in the quality of her coat and the amount of poop she poops. Sooo trying to decide what I want to switch her to, but I also want it to be something that I can get through my employee feeder program so that I'm not wasting that benefit.

Ingredients (venison formula):
Venison Meal, Millet, Lamb Meal, Safflower Oil, Montmorillonite, Brewer’s Yeast, Flaxseed, Dried Egg Product, Spray Dried Chicken Liver, Pumpkin Seed, Animal Plasma, Kelp, Natural Flavor, Cottage Cheese, Suncured Alfalfa Meal, Egg Shell, Avocado, Chicory Root, Tomato Powder, Almonds, Spray Dried Cod Liver Oil, Apple Powder, Blueberry, Apricots, Carrots, Pumpkin, Cranberry, Broccoli, Spinach, Parsley, Artichoke, Rosemary, Fermentation Products (Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product, Bifidobacterium Bifidium Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Streptococcus Faecium Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Lactobacillus Sporogenes Fermentation Product Dehydrated), Enzymes (Amylase, Protease, Lipase, Cellulase, Bromelain), Mixed Tocopherols.

Guaranteed Analysis %:
Crude Protein (min) 36
Crude Fat (min) 15
Moisture (max) 9
Crude Fiber (max) 6
Omega 6 Fatty Acids (min) 4.05
Calcium (min) 2.1
Phosphorus (min) 1.3
Omega 3 Fatty Acids (min) 0.99

Looks fine to me I'm just not sure what it means to be "spray dried" or what the different "powders" are.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Have you looked at Canine Caviar GFs at all?

Frodo has been on the Herring for about 3 weeks now and all I can say is OMG LOVE!
It's on the feeder program :)

Hopefully Justa sees this, her store sells far more of this than any other. I honestly don't know that much about it, so I will listen too.

Frodo has been on the Herring for about 3 weeks now and all I can say is OMG LOVE!

Hopefully Justa sees this, her store sells far more of this than any other. I honestly don't know that much about it, so I will listen too.
You mean my old store. :p My current store doesn't sell it at all. :(

So, the unique thing about Natures Logic is that they don't use any chemically synthesized vitamins and minerals - everything comes from whole food ingredients. Because of this, the foods went through AAFCO feeding trials, so if a customer is concerned about that, its one to suggest. They use unique ingredients like montmorillonite (a mineral rich clay) and plasma (which has a lot of overall goodness). The dry foods are very calorie-dense, so you don't need to feed as much as with some other brands. They have two great supplement
s (a food fortifier and sardine oil), as well as a raw food. They've never had a recall. Their website has links to a ton of different studies they've done on the ingredients they use.

Overall, I think its a great food, and I feel comfortable feeding it - I've used the dry, the canned, and the supplements.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.

One of my concerns is that I'm kind of thinking ahead to the future, when I'm not working at the store... which ideally would be in a relatively short timeframe.... sooo if I have to start buying my food again, I don't want it to be something crazy expensive. Which I think Canine Caviar might be. Worth looking into though since it doesn't have so many silly ingredients which might help the poop situation lol. Seems high in omega 3's and omega 6's too, at least compared to other foods I've looked it... which is nice.

We don't sell Natures Logic like... at all. I've never seen anyone touch the stuff and I've never seen anyone speak its name lol, and I honestly never would have considered it but I was checking expiration dates today and that made me give it a closer look.

Blahhhh I don't know, too many decisions!! There are too many brands of food out there. :p Although I'm glad you didn't tell me it's crap food lol. I'll probably give it a shot... but I have Fromm coming out of my eyeballs so it'll be a while before I switch.

Oh and the ingredients on their website are different from the ones I listed (I don't even remember now where I snagged those) so everything I posted is a lie haha.

Members online

No members online now.