BSL ALERT Minnesota!

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Don't know if this has been posted before, but I was browsing the web and found this on a rottweiler/pit bull rescue's website:

On Friday, June 15, 2007 St. Paul Rep. John Lesch held a press conference to annouce that in 2008 he will propose a ban that will outlaw the ownership of 5 so-called "dangerous breeds", including Rottweilers, "Pit Bulls", Akitas, Chows, Wolf-hybrids...and ANY mix thereof in the state of MN.

http://www.arottalove.org/bsl.htm

Can you imagine how many innocent family dogs this would hurt? :(

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
Argh :(

The question needs to be: ..how many innocent family dogs BSL does hurt?

Rosefern

There was a meeting on the 24th about the breed ban. I couldn't go, but two of the higher-ups in our rescue went, and they said Lesch was a total a**, he didn't want to answer any questions, he kept skipping around the point, that sort of stuff...

I really wish I could have gone...maybe could have brought Jackson and Holly...

-Rosefern

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
What?! :mad:

That's just ridiculous. My uncle has a rottweiler and he is such a sweet dog. Gosh I hope boxers don't get included in that. :(

Rosefern

Gosh I hope boxers don't get included in that. :(
They aren't...at least not yet. But make sure that your boxer is never mistaken for a "Pit Bull" or a "Pit Bull mix"...

My APBT has been mistaken for a boxer, and my former boxer foster has been incorrectly called a "Pit bull"...

-Rosefern

Cheza

One of my friends in MN has a rottie, I just let her know about this

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
They aren't...at least not yet. But make sure that your boxer is never mistaken for a "Pit Bull" or a "Pit Bull mix"...
That's what I'm worried about. Who knows if more breeds will get included in it, and people are so stupid when it comes to identifying breeds anyway, even if boxers aren't on the list there's probably someone who would mistake them as something else that is included.

Rosefern

Pssh they havent heard from me yet!!! Weres the list of breeds that it affects??
-Wolves/Wolf-Hybrids
-Chow-Chows
-Akitas
-Rottweilers
-"Pit Bulls"

Including mixes of any of the aforementioned breeds. Technically, "Pit Bulls" aren't a breed, no more then "Retriever" is a breed. The dogs included in the "Pit Bull" grouping are generally American Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, and Staffordshire Bull Terriers. However, Indian Bull Terriers, Argentine Dogos, American Bulldogs, Bull Terriers, and Perro de Presa Canarios are also frequently mistaken for "Pit Bulls".

-Rosefern

-Wolves/Wolf-Hybrids
-Chow-Chows
-Akitas
-Rottweilers
-"Pit Bulls"

Including mixes of any of the aforementioned breeds. Technically, "Pit Bulls" aren't a breed, no more then "Retriever" is a breed. The dogs included in the "Pit Bull" grouping are generally American Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, and Staffordshire Bull Terriers. However, Indian Bull Terriers, Argentine Dogos, American Bulldogs, Bull Terriers, and Perro de Presa Canarios are also frequently mistaken for "Pit Bulls".

-Rosefern
Oh wow i know ppl with chows and akitas and rotties and they are ALL very sweet loving dogs. Buut seeing how fast things are going throught that govt there wont be any problems for meny meny meny years.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Including mixes of any of the aforementioned breeds
I honestly don't know whether to cry or laugh. I tell you I think dog owners who get targetted that way should legally force the entity making these judgements to pay for doggie DNA testing before declaring their dog is a mix of these breeds. I am just thinking how many dogs look part rottie, or part pittie and probably arent. And who declares a dog a wolf hybrid? I mean there are entire breeds that have a "wolf appearance" to the naked eye. That doesn't make them hybrids.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Buut seeing how fast things are going throught that govt there wont be any problems for meny meny meny years.
That could turn out to be very untrue if LOCAL governments adopt these rules as ordinances. Local governement can move very fast when it wants to.

I honestly don't know whether to cry or laugh. I tell you I think dog owners who get targetted that way should legally force the entity making these judgements to pay for doggie DNA testing before declaring their dog is a mix of these breeds. I am just thinking how many dogs look part rottie, or part pittie and probably arent. And who declares a dog a wolf hybrid? I mean there are entire breeds that have a "wolf appearance" to the naked eye. That doesn't make them hybrids.
Yes that could be a problem because the coloring of Rotties comes up in meny breeds. I have a Gordon Setter and i would be worried someone would think he was a rottie mix, but i have the paper work showing that he is purebred.

Members online

No members online now.