Curious . . . 'Doodles and 'Poos

Some of the names I see on bumper stickers . . .

But I do have a question:

Doesn't the 'poo name for a Shih Tzu X Poodle cross just sound a bit . . . well, REDUNDANT???? :lol-sign:

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
lol in the few of these dogs I've run into (we have a few at work that get groomed pretty often.)
They do not pronounce the T sound in "Shih tzu"
So it just sounds like.. "SHIPOO" (sometimes she-poo and sometimes shi-poo)

If anything working in the pet care industry in this city has taught me how to deal with the poo names/designer breed names
Cavachon, cavipoo, Shipoo, Maltipoo, Pugapoo, Paptese..
People call for grooming appointments and are very serious about us knowing these breeds and sometimes it's just like "...huh??"

DenoLo

I call my girl a Shih-tzu/poodle because the names sound a little silly to me, and then people say "Oh you mean a Shi poo". So I just go with it at that point.

Grab

I was always confused by the "Goldendoodle" name. I'd always presumed that the "doodle" part of Labradoodle came from the 'd' in Labrador. So shouldn't it be Goldennoodle instead? Since there's no d...

CatStina

SBT Lover!!
My dad's Maltese and Cocker Spaniel had a woopsie litter years ago. He called the puppies "Cock Teasers."

Kilter

:rofl1:At the kennel, we weren't allowed to use the 'doodle' word. It was a golden poodle mix and my boss often would say that to them, just to get the 'oh, it's an F1 mini golden doodle' response, so she could say 'well we don't have mixes in our kennel system so we have to put them in that way.

:rofl1:At the kennel, we weren't allowed to use the 'doodle' word. It was a golden poodle mix and my boss often would say that to them, just to get the 'oh, it's an F1 mini golden doodle' response, so she could say 'well we don't have mixes in our kennel system so we have to put them in that way.
Well, he sure showed THEM. :rofl1:

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
ROFL. Awesome boss.

milos_mommy

If anything working in the pet care industry in this city has taught me how to deal with the poo names/designer breed names
Cavachon, cavipoo, Shipoo, Maltipoo, Pugapoo, Paptese..
People call for grooming appointments and are very serious about us knowing these breeds and sometimes it's just like "...huh??"
I DO NOT give into those people.

I'm like "you have a what kind of dog?"
"I'm sorry, what breed did you say?"
"Is she a small mixed breed?"

No one ever gets offended, around here most people are pretty dog saavy and although "designer dogs" are popular, the owners usually admit they spent an embarrassing amount of money on a mutt.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
It doesn't bother me, honestly most purebreds are coming for equally as crappy breeders as the doodlenation.

I call borderstaffies borderstaffies and borderwhippets borderwhippets. I also call most purebreds purebred without seeing pedigrees.

I just take them in stride, I would presume some people lose business by being offensive and frankly I enjoy my clients.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I DO NOT give into those people.

I'm like "you have a what kind of dog?"
"I'm sorry, what breed did you say?"
"Is she a small mixed breed?"

No one ever gets offended, around here most people are pretty dog saavy and although "designer dogs" are popular, the owners usually admit they spent an embarrassing amount of money on a mutt.
It doesn't bother me, honestly most purebreds are coming for equally as crappy breeders as the doodlenation.

I call borderstaffies borderstaffies and borderwhippets borderwhippets. I also call most purebreds purebred without seeing pedigrees.

I just take them in stride, I would presume some people lose business by being offensive and frankly I enjoy my clients.
Basically..that ^. It's not my job to judge the client or make them feel bad.. lol so they can call their dogs whatever they want. It's a small business with a heavy reliance on local customer loyalty and treating the customers with super friendliness.. my boss would NOT be ok with me getting all high and mighty on the doodle crowd.

and I'm sure SOME would be offended, even if not all.. not a risk I'm willing to take on someone elses business lol

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Yeah, I used to enter doodles and Lab/Poodle, blah blah, but then I realized I was giving myself a headache for no reason (other than having a stick up my butt), and added Goldendoodles and Labradoodles to our system. And Cockapoos, for the sake of grooming appointments. That's all we have in there though, the others don't pop up frequently enough for me to bother adding them. But then I've never had a doodle owner who didn't acknowledge that the dog was mixed either.

Like Adrianne said, totally immune and long past getting worked up over it on principle.

Though, we did have client with a rather nasty temperament (and I mean the owner, not the dog!) with a Shih Tzu/Poodle mix, and we always called the dog a **** Poo. Always, without fail. LOL

We didnt have 'designer breeds' in our system so yes, would put them in as mixes. I coached the staff to ask "Is their coat/size/etc more like a breed a or more like breed b" and then explained we priced grooming by breed so needed to best resemblance to make an accurate estimate.

Members online