To our dear sweet Reggin ....

RD

Are you dead yet?
Some passings are bittersweet, but I can't find anything but sadness to fill the hole that Reggin left in the world and our hearts. The earth grew a bit darker when you left, sweet boy. RIP and keep watching over your girl.

I have been thinking of this nonstop, and I know some people are ready to move on but I needed to have some sort of closure for this. It's a strange feeling, to mourn the loss of a dog you've never known in person. I needed to do something, so I made a memorial video from photos that have been posted of Reggin over the years here. I hope no one minds this, I'm truly not trying to do anything but offer a tribute to a dog we all grew to love and care for.

If anyone wants to see it, it's here: YouTube - In Memory Of Reggin

If you feel this is in poor taste, I apologize. I just wasn't sure what else to do.

Labyrinth

RIP Reggin. Know that a thousand tears have flowed from the members you have touched. Members that never knew you in person, never got to touch your fur or play with you ... yet we felt we knew you. We saw those pictures of you with your Madison, and we felt the love that you shared for her. We wish SO BADLY this story would have had a happy ending. Know that we pulled for you in life, and we mourn you now in your passing. I hope you know how much we all care for you, and I hope that makes up for the fear you must have felt when you took your last breath. Dear Reggin, RIP. You will live on in many hearts. You WILL NOT be forgotten..
Very nicely put. I was always very fond of him. Seeing pictures of him and Madison or even the with him and the new pup always brought a smile to my face. Losing him was a tragedy.

Rest in Peace

You know I haven't posted on any of this since it's inception and never really wanted to at all. I've lurked the story and it's sad...really sad. All of it--the drama, the reality, the efforts of so many people who cared. What a waste.

It hurts to know he was scared. This is what bothers me most. Why? Why did this happen?

He's gone. He was a good boy.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Reggie, you did not get what you deserved. For that I am eternally sorry. May we all do better by all the other animals in our lives.

Labyrinth

I have been thinking of this nonstop, and I know some people are ready to move on but I needed to have some sort of closure for this. It's a strange feeling, to mourn the loss of a dog you've never known in person. I needed to do something, so I made a memorial video from photos that have been posted of Reggin over the years here. I hope no one minds this, I'm truly not trying to do anything but offer a tribute to a dog we all grew to love and care for.

If anyone wants to see it, it's here: YouTube - In Memory Of Reggin

If you feel this is in poor taste, I apologize. I just wasn't sure what else to do.

Beautiful video. I made sure not to watch it until my husband left because I knew I'd cry. Sure enough I was bawling by the end of it. I've never missed a dog so much that wasn't my own.

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
I'm not the sentimental type, I guess how I grew up has a lot to do with that. Most of the time I'm one to say "that's a shame" and that's all the depth of emotion that I get. I've learned to become callous to the realities of life and death, as it surrounds me on a day to day basis (with this war, etc and knowing a lot of the people involved) and I've come to a realization today.
Reggie was a casualty of war. Not the war you see on television every day, and there are no IED's, but it's a war all the same. There's the distinct possibility that breed had nothing to do with the shelter's decision to euthanize poor Reggie, but there's also that same possibility that it had everything to do with it. So with that in mind, I feel this part of a "soldiers prayer" is befitting of Reggie.

I never passed a cry for help, Though at times I shook with fear,
And sometimes, God forgive me, I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place Among the people here...
They never wanted me around Except to calm their fears.

If you've a place for me here, Lord, It needn't be so grand,
I never expected or had too much, But if you don't, I'll understand."

There was a silence all around the throne Where the saints had often trod...
As the soldier waited quietly, For the judgment of his God,

"Step forward now you soldier
You've borne your burdens well.
Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,
You've done your time in Hell."

RIP Reggie.

Members online

No members online now.