The Venting Thread

Miakoda

Scratch that. That's nothing. Apparently most Chazzers think I'm an entitled douchekebab. Fan****ingtastic. And I thought Chaz was the one place I could actually feel comfortable. In reality it's just one more place filled with two-faced liars that only like you when they want something from you :(
Wow. Are you actually calling me a two-faced liar? Did you even READ a word I typed?

Have you ever stopped to think, for a single moment, that you could use your life experience to help a young child who is desperately trying to cope and learn to live in the vary same world as you?

I understand the communication issues that accompany autism. And I tried very hard to give a good written description, as well as take that into account in regard to your replies.

But even with your own self-awareness in those ares, you are refusing to acknowledge MY side.

And no, you didn't offer any information pertaining to my request for service dog information. You only offered alternatives (which I truly appreciate, but as I mentioned, we've tried and continue to use a variety of tools/methods), and you still refuse to answer any service dog questions. That is your choice, and if you feel answering would be detrimental to you, your service dogs, and service dogs in general, then that is your right.

Last edited:

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
so so so sick of being afraid all the time. why cant i just feel positive about my future instead of crippling terror and impending doom. why cant things just go well for once. why do i have to hurt and struggle and fight every day of my entire life for every little thing, why cant things be nice or good

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Uh, yikes. Are you okay?
OMG Are you ok?!
OMG. Are you ok? How much damage?
Thanks guys. I'm fine. I hurt today and have an impressive headache, but nothing more. Race seats and harnesses means no airbags exploding in my face, which is a slight bonus.

The car is most likely going to total out. :( I'd be shocked if it doesn't.

If there's frame damage (which is likely), it's getting stripped and the shell will be scrapped. It's junk at that point. If there isn't... I might buy it back. Whether I fix it or strip it further from there has yet to be decided. I'm just not ready to think about it yet.

Saeleofu

And no, you didn't offer any information pertaining to my request for service dog information.
Seriously???

Then what do you call this:

TDI is discriminatory and doesn't allow service dogs to be therapy dogs with them.
Remember that a dog MUST be task-trained to be legally considered a service dog. Comfort/being near him is not enough. Also, the tasks have to mitigate HIS disability, and not just make parenting easier. So although blocking him from running is certainly helpful to you, it's likely not a task since it's not for HIM, but for you. Nothing wrong with training stuff that doesn't "count" though, so long as the required tasks are there as well.

Honestly, us listing things you could train the dog to do would be pointless. What you need to do is come up with a list of things he struggles with, and ways in which a dog can help with those things. Emotional support and making your life easier don't count. When you come up with these ideas, feel free to post them for input on how to make them work or how to train them or even if they can be trained. Lots of people say to think of what a robot could do to mitigate the disability if such a robot existed.
Dogs can't be trained to alert to seizures. It happens or it doesn't. They can, however, be trained to respond to seizures. That is what a seizure dog really is - a seizure response dog. The signaling is just a lucky bonus if the dog ends up doing it.
Shelter dogs are hit-and-miss for most service dogs, but for hearing dogs, shelters are the most common place to acquire them, and with a high success rate at that. Plus a lot of hearing dogs are in-home only (though not all of them, of course) so the temperament/behavior standards aren't quite as high as a public-access service dog needs to be.
Biting a child is NOT a safe thing to train - not clothing, not skin, not anything else. Blocking is about all you can do, other than train the child to hold onto the dog's harness (which most kids, even non-disabled ones, seem to be MORE than happy to do. I know when I was a kid I ALWAYS had my hand on the dog's leash when my parents walked the dogs).
It's too much of a risk. What happens when the dog misses its target? It's one thing to teach a dog to pull a tug to open a door. It's totally different when that tug is hanging off of a moving target that can be severely injured if the dog misses. Depending on the dog, generalizing to "bite anything on the child" or even "bite the child" isn't a stretch, either.
I never once said this kid shouldn't have a service dog. NOT ONCE. I actually think 10 IS a good age to try to start working with an appropriately trained service dog with the help of a responsible adult.

Care to try that again? :rolleyes:

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I am so STUPID.
So today we went to pick up prescriptions, some for me and one for Fable. The co-pay isn't easy but it's doable, and for Fable's meds I'd pay whatever is needed. So anyway, I think I left the bag on top of the car before we drove away, because it certainly wasn't there 2 minutes later. No one turned in any bag of prescriptions at the pharmacy and I didn't find them anywhere.
So I went back and had to pay way more than I usually do and I couldn't afford my meds, just Fable's. Insurance companies aren't stupid enough to cover part of the cost of a duplicate of a prescription that was just filled minutes before.
So because of my idiocy I have no meds and no money for the month. :wall: Unless you count three cents in the bank and the nickel I found in a pair of jeans.

Equinox

<3 <3 <3
She's doing okay. She has more energy, has most of her appetite back, and is getting into trouble again, which is always a good sign! She looks so bad, though. Like I said in the other post, she's so so skinny, and also her coat looks like crap for whatever reason.
I want to share updated pictures of her, but I'm so afraid someone is going to accuse me of starving her or something if I post pics of her as she is now. On one hand, that seems paranoid, but on the other hand, I know of that happening on dog forums to people who take damned good care of their dogs. . .Maybe some head shots?
Poor girl! I'm glad her appetite is back and that she's getting into trouble again. Seems like things really haven't been going your guys' way, but she is so lucky to have you.

I'd love to see some updated pictures of her! You can always message them to me, with me being her honorary aunt and all :) Head shots would be a great idea, too.

I am so STUPID.
So today we went to pick up prescriptions, some for me and one for Fable. The co-pay isn't easy but it's doable, and for Fable's meds I'd pay whatever is needed. So anyway, I think I left the bag on top of the car before we drove away, because it certainly wasn't there 2 minutes later. No one turned in any bag of prescriptions at the pharmacy and I didn't find them anywhere.
So I went back and had to pay way more than I usually do and I couldn't afford my meds, just Fable's. Insurance companies aren't stupid enough to cover part of the cost of a duplicate of a prescription that was just filled minutes before.
So because of my idiocy I have no meds and no money for the month. :wall: Unless you count three cents in the bank and the nickel I found in a pair of jeans.
crap. so so sorry about this, that is insane :( Will you be okay for food/water/electricity/dog food??

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
****! God ******* dammit! I just deleted ALL of the photos off my phone! ****! I had most backed up, but not. And all of my snow playtime pictures are now gone! God bless it all! Rawr!

Eta: *cries* And that includes all of the photos I took when Mike was home! Dammit!

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Poor girl! I'm glad her appetite is back and that she's getting into trouble again. Seems like things really haven't been going your guys' way, but she is so lucky to have you.

I'd love to see some updated pictures of her! You can always message them to me, with me being her honorary aunt and all :) Head shots would be a great idea, too.
First of all, the bolded part, almost made me cry. :eek: I try so hard to do right by her, and I really hope I am.
I think I will send you some pics of her. I mean, I haven't been taking any, but I don't want to miss out on documenting parts of her life just because she's not at her best.
crap. so so sorry about this, that is insane :( Will you be okay for food/water/electricity/dog food??
Thank goodness this happened after rent and utilities were paid and I got dog food. Food for myself is not looking so good, though. My grandmother is someone who is always willing to help when we really need it, but she's totally broke herself now and had to sell her house to move into assisted living, plus she got me a Christmas gift that was so expensive it must have cost more than what she gets paid in a month. I can't ask her after all that. :eek:
Well, I have a cheesy belief that everything eventually works out somehow.
A few hungry days won't kill me. I'm just so glad the dogs are taken care of!

Saeleofu

I can't decide if this is venting or good news, but this gif pretty much sums everything up lol. SO not the gif I was looking for when I came across it, though.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I can't decide if this is venting or good news, but this gif pretty much sums everything up lol. SO not the gif I was looking for when I came across it, though.

Not sure who this is directed at :confused: but if it is me, I didn't mean to be condescending, what I meant in my post was that I went back and read the other thread and I didn't mean to fan the flames of the discussion that was brought in here.

I can not get rid of this cold...it seems to be getting worse. Its settling in my chest which is starting to ache. My joints and head ache too...its been days now. This better not freaking go into pneumonia again...I had that two years ago:/

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
My ears got plugged from the plane landing the first time we went to jump, my right one has popped but my left one seems determined to stay plugged. Not even the nose trick is working. Blah!

Saeleofu

Not sure who this is directed at :confused: but if it is me, I didn't mean to be condescending, what I meant in my post was that I went back and read the other thread and I didn't mean to fan the flames of the discussion that was brought in here.
No, really, this time it's NOT you :)

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
No, really, this time it's NOT you :)
Oh, ok good ... Since my therepy I have been working extra hard to watch how things I post come across. Most of the time I do ok.

I for one don't like to contribute on dog piling on someone, in fact I find your posts relating to SD's very informative and full of knowledge. Like I was previously unaware that's person could buy / adopt a dog of their own and train them on their own ... I was under the assumption that all SD's came from professional orginizations.

Members online