The Official "What are you reading" Thread

zoe08

I have read Like Dandelion Dust...I actually have that one, and gave it to my sister to read so that we could go see the movie, but either it is out of theaters already, or it didn't come to our city, cuz our movies theaters don't have it listed.

I haven't read Between Sundays, but I would like too.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I have read Like Dandelion Dust...I actually have that one, and gave it to my sister to read so that we could go see the movie, but either it is out of theaters already, or it didn't come to our city, cuz our movies theaters don't have it listed.

I haven't read Between Sundays, but I would like too.
yeah the movie was only in very few theaters. it's not in any in lancaster but is in a nearby town.... but I have no one to go with lol.

Between sundays is a really good one too. If you want I'll send it to you so you can read it. That one made me cry too lol

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Working on Ted Dekker's "Circle Trilogy" right now. Although, the "trilogy" has become four books and then they've even expanded that into a "chronicles" that spans like 13 books now.

I'm on book 2 :D
Well, book 2 is done. I moved on to book 3. Dekker is pretty good at "painting the picture".

I did discover as I got ready to read the first book that Dekker's chosen genre is "Christian Fiction". Having read a couple other ones, I didn't really pick that up, but this "Circle" series leaves no doubt whatsoever what his influences are.

Paige

Let it be
Im currently reading Watership Down and am taking suggestions for what to read after. I like the author. I read the Plague Dogs awhile ago. I found the two books in a pile of other books that were free and headed to the dump. WHO THROWS OUT BOOKS?

zoe08

I am reading City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare...Book 2 in The Mortal Instruments series.

Is anyone on goodreads.com where you can add and rate books you have read and stuff? You can add friends and look at the books they rated.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Well, book 2 is done. I moved on to book 3. Dekker is pretty good at "painting the picture".

I did discover as I got ready to read the first book that Dekker's chosen genre is "Christian Fiction". Having read a couple other ones, I didn't really pick that up, but this "Circle" series leaves no doubt whatsoever what his influences are.
Well, I'm on book 4 of the "trilogy" ;)

I'm reading Game of Thrones! Great book... although it took me reading 55% of it to get into it (exact percentage brought to you by Amazon Kindle.) They're going to make a tv show out of it on one of my movie channels (HBO or Showtime)! Super yay!

Dreeza

I just finished "Tell Me Where It Hurts: A Day of Humor, Healing, and Hope in My Life as an Animal Surgeon" by Dr. Nick Trout.

It was really good!!! I really enjoyed reading it & getting a vet's perspective. I think anyone on here would really like it too!

And now I just started "Two Lives" by Vikram Seth, which is a completely different book...another memoir, but of an Indian man who falls in love with a German girl or something. I don't know, I'm only like 10 pages in...but it sounds good so far! Pretty easy read too.

Dani

Ninja Dog
Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann. Excellent so far.

I'm also trying to get through Crime and Punishment. I enjoyed Notes From Underground(is the Underground Man is the first ever documented emo?) so I figured I would try Dostoevsky's most well-known work. Not liking Crime and Punishment so much. It's tedious and the character is miserable and terrible without being relatable like the Underground Man.

Miakoda

Freeze, I read that book as well. However, I did not like it. It just didn't read well to me.

I just bought and finished "The Confession" by Grishm. Thought it was good. Now I'm reading "Port Mortuary" by Patricia Cornwell.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Right now I'm reading Garden's of the Moon (a Malazan Book of the Fallen).

When I first started off I was super de duper confused, I couldn't keep everybody straight, I didn't know who was good and who was bad, the whole magic/gods/empire thing was confusing me...but now, 200 pages in, I am smitten. Still confused, mind you, but I kind of get it now and I love it. I think I'll be reading the rest of the books. :D It's sort of like Final Fantasy XII in book form. Political and magical intrique, awesome characters, and just an amazing world.

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
I just finished the Stieg Larsson Lisbeth Salander series. Very enjoyable. I wish there were more.

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Terry Pratchett FTW!

He writes an awesome series about a world called Diskworld. Because it is a disk. Anyway, I am currently reading Feet of Clay, and I just finished Gaurds! Gaurds!

I'm also reading The Other End of the Leash.

MPP

petperson
Terry Pratchett is The Best! And Discworld is absolutely awesome. I own almost all the Discworld books.

Doncha just love the witches?!?

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I just finished "Hitman" by Lawrence Block. I cannot anti-recommend this book enough. Tedious at a minimum. Almost as poorly written as those dreadful Twilight books. No plot to speak of. I'm not sure why I continued reading it.

Members online

No members online now.