I have a Q bout Chihuahua's!!!

Tazwell

He's cute! I agree though, he doesn't look 8 weeks old or purebed at all! Where'd you get him?

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Chihuahuas can have floppy ears until they are 6 months old... however, there are some who just have floppy ears. My Madison has floppy ears... they stood up when he was a puppy, but when he was about 6 months old they just flopped and stayed down. However, he is badly bred.

I'm not sure if your pup is a purebred or not... the looks of purebred chihuahuas can vary greatly. Your pup could be a mix, or a chihuahua who is just out of breed standards. He does look pretty big for his age, though... how much does he weigh?

Kudos on rescuing your boy!

lila8dog

Chihuahua Queen
Ya, he only wasy 5lbs. And he looks large but he's very tiny, he has long long legs though.

A

Angel Chicken

I'm thinking your pup is a mix as well... I see alot of JRT in him.

How did the vet tell you he was purebred? Did he do an actual genetics test? Unless he does this, you can never be sure.

He looks like a JRT mix to me, of the wire-haired variety!

lila8dog

Chihuahua Queen
Ya, the vet assumed he was purbred. but by his markings, and structure, i thik he has huskie in him which sorta sounds redicualious.But I guess im going to have to wait till he grows up to see how he turns out :)

StevePax

A guy with a dog
My dog Leo is a chihuahua / shih-tzu cross. As you can see, he looks much more like a chi than a shih-tzu, but he does have longer hair behind his legs! We kind of hope his ears will always stay floppy - though we won't disown him if they end up standing up straight. My oldest sister has a chihuahua that is purebred, but probably badly so, because he's over 7 pounds (outside of breed standards) and his ears don't quite stand straight up.

Tazwell

Ya know, I was thinking the same thing when I saw him, that he almost looks like a husky puppy in the first and second pictures in your sig! In both his face, legs, and ears. Maybe he's got a little Shiba Inu in him, Eh? He really is adorable! :D

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Chihuahua breed standard calls for 2-6lbs, and 5lbs is very large for an 8 week old chihuahua puppy. A way to "guesstimate" fullgrown size is to take the 8 week weight and multiply it by 2.5.

He does look like a little husky, but I've seen those markings in chis before. The thing with chis is that they can come in any color and marking.

Candy!

My Buddy, is a very large chi about 12 lbs. he is also very stocky for a Chi, but he is a purebred, not the best breeding. Bambi is also purebred, but is only 3.4 lbs. she is very shy and nervous of new things. They are so different but we can enjoy them for their differences. Your guy will have his very own special things, enjoy!!! The ears do take awhile and as several people mentioned they might not stand up completely. I think dogs are like people they all seem to have their own personality, some more unique than others, with a touch of breed charactoristics throwen in.

Sush

I see terrier in him...possibly rat or jack. My chi is definately out of breed standards and I assume there is some doxie in her. Do you have any other higher quality pics?

Members online

No members online now.