change of dog food

neko12_48767

I love my dog Neko
I just change my dog food one day ago, and he got diarrhea and he throwing up to night can that be because change of dog food, because i i'm putting his old dog food with his new dog food that what you are to do right please help. and he don't have waorms because the vet check him 4 dogs ago

EliNHunter

Yes... changing dog foods is very tricky and you must do it very slowly mixing the two foods for a few weeks. It sounds like the sudden change has thrown your dog into a not-so-good place for his/her digestive system. You might have to go to a total mild diet of rice and chicken to settle things before you start all over again. Hopefully others can chime in here that know more than I do about switching foods and how you do it (and how you go back and repair)...

Fran27

It might be something else. How often is he throwing up? You might want to take him to the vet if it gets serious.

Athe

There are some dog foods that "some" dogs can't tolerate. For my dogs I tried switching over from Natures Variety to Canidae...2 of my 5 dogs did wonderful with the change. For my Dobe and Rottie I had to change them back to Nature's Variety as they had diarrhea so badly even with a 24 hour fast etc. My other dog has food intolerances so I didn't put her on Canidae. Canidae is a great food, it just didn't agree with 2 of my dogs. What I have done when my dogs were having digestive problems on certain foods...while they were getting accustomed to the new food I put Dandelion root or Slippery Elm bark in with thier food...these herbs help the digestive system. You can also (which I do as well) give your dog some Yogurt, I always make sure its organic with live bacterial cultures...plain flavor and add ground flax seeds. Yogurt is a healthy part of a good diet. For a nice bland diet I have used boiled hamburg with boiled white rice and add the above mentioned herbs. Some people use canned Pumpkin for diarrhea...I havent as I have had such wonderful success with the herbs.
Good luck ;)

Members online

No members online now.