Small ACDs?

Whats up with all the small ACDs I've been seeing?

Buster is only 30lbs (actually 28 at last weighing). I met some people skiing with Buster, who said they also have a small ACD, and then there is one for adoption here that is also a male and is 30lbs.

They all look similar, and are lighter boned than most of the ACD, and the one for adoption and Buster are both rather shy, which is not a breed trait. Most other ACD seem to be over 50lbs for males, even though the standard tops out around there.

They're even small for a BC male, but might have some, as there is some significant lankyness. Do they really hold their phenotype that well? They're already pretty close to the pariahs in shape...

Buster is in my sig. Plus,
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/pet/569946966.html
Yes, hes on craigslist, but it appears to really up for adoption, and very cute!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I actually know a few small ACDS. One of which is a male named Mic who belongs to my friend Yvette. He's very petite IMO for an ACD. I'm not sure entirely why that is. I know that Mic was neutered extremely young by the shelter, but I've known quite a few dogs neutered way young that were of normal size and I'm not even sure that neutering has any effect on maturity and growth. I've never really thought to look into it really.

So, I have no idea the answer to your question... but ya I've noticed a few small ones as well.

Sunnierhawk0

Feelin' Froggy? Jump!
I have a very small bitch, she is abnormally small, around 14-15 inches and about 30lbs.

I call her my little midget haha

Well, Buster is about 20 in (give or take an inch, he wont stop bouncing). So hes just not as wide as most of them.

Members online

No members online now.