101 on Being a Mushers Daughter

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Ok it may be about me but its connected to dogs lol.

When your born into a mushers family you have to know your going to be raised like a dog.... Its really not that bad. When we were all babies/toddlers we were treated like puppies loved and fussed over. But when i hit 5 I was thrown into the working aspect of the ranch. My job you may ask? To socialize the newest litters of puppies :p . I would spend hours upon hours in the basement welping pens with the puppies while the mums were out getting their figure back. Now you may not think this was a hard job but for a five- seven year old its killer to be told to bond with these puppies and then give them up after 12 weeks? It broke my heart and i hated. After I turned seven i moved on up to helping my mom train the dogs basic obedience and caring for the sick dogs brought into the house and garage. This juob was easier considering the dogs i bonded with were not taken out of my life soon after they were intoduced. This entire time i am not only veiwed as a daughter but anouther set of hands a worker on the ranch no longer a puppy.... Once I hit that oh so grown up age of eleven i finally graduated to the RUN. The place I wasent permented to go to in my entire puppyhood. I of course wasent running dogs but I was feeding, watering, putting booties on paws, grooming, and cleaning out kennels. I of course wasent doing all this on my first day it took me three good months to learn the whole procedure of checking and double checking the dogs paws making sure there is no irritation.

At 15 I graduated to learning to run the dogs. My job was to run the older dogs while my dad was training the younger dogs. And so years passed my first very own sled dog came into my life Tosser and led me to where i am today a full grown mature lead dog ;) . I guess its something to be proud of lol.

Sounds like good preparation for life, Scarlette. You learn to start at the beginning and work your way through the things that aren't so much fun, finish what you start no matter how onerous, responsibly care for things other than yourself, give love with an open heart . . . That's how you became the person we love and respect today! :D

Members online

No members online now.