Playing with new lens

So a friend of mines camera died so she shipped me her zoom lens and her fixed 50 lens to use since my auto focus is fried on my lens and because she's awesome.

I went to the DP today to play with the zoom a bit. Not the greatest pictures, the focus is really slow and the light was really harsh but a few of them turned out ok

First a couple from the other day playing with the new lens

IMG_2399 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_2276 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_2281 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_2338 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_2548 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Crazy. And slightly deranged.

IMG_2512 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

And then today at the DP

IMG_3227 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

6080432194_22ae6d25fb_o by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_2682 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_2912 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

*more*

The action shots didn't turn out that good but some of them made me laugh.

Traveler jumping over Kaylee and Kaylee not caring

IMG_2892 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

She thought I threw food to her. She was not amused when she found out it was a tennis ball

IMG_3184 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_2817 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_3099 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_2987 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_2965 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_2961 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_2827 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Kaylee is peeing so of course Traveler is going to body slam her

IMG_2925 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_2803 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

*few more*

IMG_2899 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

He really is annoying

IMG_2882 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

You can almost see a slight shape to his muscles...yay!

IMG_2760 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_2833 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

And these two are from when I still was just using manual:

Riding on a bike with my dog, talking on a phone, using MF and taking a picture= Multitasking for the win.

IMG_2165 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

And I just love this shot

IMG_2008 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Ok, done bombarding you guys with pictures. I've been really playing with my camera and practicing lately which is why I've been annoying everyone with them

Lovely!! Did you like the 50mm? What is the f-stop on it? I'm trying to decide between that and a 35mm.
I haven't gotten out and played with it yet. I was planning to at the DP today but I had to leave early and I never got to it. It's on my to do list for tomorrow.

I'll bring it Sunday though! The f-stop is 1.8. The girl who sent it to me just adores it and said she loves it for action and portraits

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
AWESOME pictures! :) I love the one of Kaylee jumping! She's so adorable! She reminds me a lot of Chloe for some reason. :) Traveler is soooo handsme, and I LOVE this picture:

kady05

Those are all great! I love the very last one with the tennis ball.

I LOVE my 50mm f/1.8 lens.. I've actually never used it for action shots, always break it out for my portrait style shots.

SaraB

I haven't gotten out and played with it yet. I was planning to at the DP today but I had to leave early and I never got to it. It's on my to do list for tomorrow.

I'll bring it Sunday though! The f-stop is 1.8. The girl who sent it to me just adores it and said she loves it for action and portraits
Sweet! That's exactly what I'm looking at... Except, you know, for Nikon. ;)

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
<3

Also, taking pictures of Traveler is practically cheating. Of course your pics are going to look awesome :p

JacksonsMom

WOW -- I love this set! AWESOME Trav pictures, and Kaylee too. They turned out great. I really need to get to taking more pictures, I have been slacking like woah lately.

Thanks so much guys! I can't wait to play with the 50 tomorrow.

I love this shot - so, so much. You need to frame it or something!
I love that one too! Think it came out neat. I was rather disappointed because the light was so harsh and a lot of them didn't come out how I wanted. But I'm getting a feel for the zoom lens so hopefully they will get better soon.

It's also SUCH a pain because Kaylee reflects the light so much and Traveler is darker so I have to keep switching settings between them

<3

Also, taking pictures of Traveler is practically cheating. Of course your pics are going to look awesome :p
Says the women with Mira :p

WOW -- I love this set! AWESOME Trav pictures, and Kaylee too. They turned out great. I really need to get to taking more pictures, I have been slacking like woah lately.
Yes you do missy!

Taqroy

That last one is gorgeous. And the one of Kaylee sitting on the picnic table. <3

And on a side note - Tipper will wait until Murphy is peeing on something and then run over at full speed and slam into his head if I don't stop her in time. I thought my dog was the only one who did that. :p

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
I love the last one - it is so awesome! The first one of Traveler and the one with Kaylee on the picnic table are awesome <3

I can't wait to see/hear if you like the 50mm lens! I want to get one, but haven't been able to yet (& I'm pretty sure we have the same camera :p). I've been playing with the zoom lens I have, I've gotten some pictures that I like (like my sig picture) but haven't gotten the hang of it yet.

Members online