Sunflower Cluster 2013!

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I would just like to point out that this show is NINE DAYS AWAY, basically.

I may be freaking out, just a little. I WANNA GO NOWWW!!!!! :rofl1:

Saeleofu

Breed counts are in! 4 smoothies Saturday, 4 Sunday, and 2 Monday. All 3 days sexes are evenly split. Each day has at least 1 special (2 on Saturday and Sunday). So, from what I understand from AKC points, IF Logan goes BOV on Saturday or Sunday he would get 3 points each day? And 1 on Monday? Saturday and Sunday is 1 regular dog (Logan), 1 regular bitch, 1 special dog, and 1 special bitch. Monday is 1 regular dog (Logan) and 1 special dog. To get more points than that, he'd have to win group, right?

If Logan does happen to go BOV, and progresses on to group...how do I know when we should be in the ring next? Is that generally listed in the judging catalog?

I WANT THE JUDGING CATALOG NOW!

Saeleofu

THE JUDGING PROGRAM!!! IT'S OUT!!!!!!

http://www.onofrio.com/jp/KTDC1JP.pdf

Smooth judging is at 12:40pm on Saturday. I wonder if they'd work with me to let Logan run coursing early, early on so I can go groom him and get in the ring? There are actually 6 breeds before smoothies, so I'm thinking it will be much later than 12:40 by the time we go.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
THE JUDGING PROGRAM!!! IT'S OUT!!!!!!

http://www.onofrio.com/jp/KTDC1JP.pdf

Smooth judging is at 12:40pm on Saturday. I wonder if they'd work with me to let Logan run coursing early, early on so I can go groom him and get in the ring? There are actually 6 breeds before smoothies, so I'm thinking it will be much later than 12:40 by the time we go.
I bet if you ask, they'll let you go early. :)

Airn

Are you guys spending the night there or going home each night? I think I might try to spend the night if you all will be there Friday and Saturday. I'd rather not drive 8 hours in one day.

And if you know any pet friendly hotels (that aren't complete dives or really expensive) let me know!

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Are you guys spending the night there or going home each night? I think I might try to spend the night if you all will be there Friday and Saturday. I'd rather not drive 8 hours in one day.

And if you know any pet friendly hotels (that aren't complete dives or really expensive) let me know!
We are driving down on Thursday, staying in the Super 8 Thurs/Fri night, and driving home on Saturday after the CAT. (6075 N Air Cap Dr., Park City KS)

Saeleofu

I live here, so I'm staying :p It's been a long time since I had occasion to stay in a hotel in town, but there's a Motel 6 on West Kellogg. I think I read somewhere they only allow small dogs? That seems weird for a Motel 6, since generally they allow multiple dogs of any size (which is why in the past I've usually stayed in Motel 6). There are other Motel 6s and Super 8s, and in general they allow pets. I do recommend booking a hotel as soon as possible, though, because they do fill up for that weekend!

Airn

ajkaljfdlkadljka.

You have to be 21 to check into most hotels. At least Super 8. This might change my plans....

Doubtful BF will want to come. If he even can. :wall:

Airn

Reserved a room! Jesus, this $250 better be worth it! :p

Oh god and that's only the ROOM.... food.. gas... You're lucky SO and I just got new jobs and raises :rolleyes:

Saeleofu

I fixed the map from the judging program. Coursing is NOT right by herding, and it's NOT right by a parking lot. It's WAYYYYYY out by the trailer pads, in a big field that's kind of sunken down and hidden. That stupid map is why I almost didn't find it last year.

So, THIS is a better representation of where coursing is. You park on the grass right by the field, and it's all right there. Once you drive up it's pretty obvious. If anyone would like my cell number, let me know and I'll PM it to you. I can't help much in getting to the Pavillions, but once you're at the Pavillions I can help direct you...or go find you and make you follow me lol

Saeleofu

10 day forecast finally picks up Friday!

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Wichita+KS+67213:4:US

Supposed to be 64, cloudy, and no chance of rain. That would be PERFECT, as it would mean I can crate from the car, and no mud, which increases my chances of being able to run Logan on Saturday! I don't want to run him in a mud pit when we have to go right into the breed ring :yikes: Last year the grass was pretty lush already this time of year...not sure if that's going to be the case this year, singe we just got FIVE FREAKING INCHES of snow this past weekend...and the day before that it was 86 degrees. I really hate Kansas weather most of the time.

Saeleofu

Ack, they changed Friday to sunny! I don't want sun. I want clouds.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED! I have 12457632 things to do and have not done any of them though lol. I should probably make a list so I don't forget. Like I totally forgot I need to cut Logan's whiskers off...but that will probably wait until Friday night.

Members online

No members online now.