Vibes for Penny

milos_mommy

Penny is a dog that comes into the grooming shop every month. She is also my friend Tom's grandparent's dog.

She is a 150 lb (probably 20 lbs overweight) Great Pyrenees X Bernese Mountain dog. She's 4 years old, super sweet, quite playful, happy-go-lucky, gentle, wonderful. She's sable, with collie-like silky hair halfway to the floor, and is shaped like a giant Bernese.

Her "parents" are this elderly couple, probably in their late 70s...the man is just as big as her. Like, 6'7" and BIG. The woman doesn't handle Penny because she has bad knees and Penny has pulled her over before. The man drives around in a tiny little yellow corvette with the top down and Pen in the passenger seat.

I saw her a little over 3 weeks ago...saw Tom over two weeks ago. We talked about her briefly, she was fine (as far as he knew).

Her dad called yesterday.
It was bad news.
They found a lump in her leg,
Malignant.
They amputated.

I know....I know dogs recover well from amputations. But she's SO big. She's overweight. And Cancer. I guess they removed it all. I don't think they know for sure yet. She's so young. I know they'll have trouble helping her learn to walk. She took a few steps already, but she must be depressed. I am praying she'll be okay.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
poor Penny. vibes and prayers that they got all the cancer and that she learns to minipulate well on three. Maybe the owners will be encouraged to get those 20 lbs off to help. Taking Mary down to a good weight made all the difference in her ability to run and have fun removing a lot of stress on her feet. I am sure their doctor will advise them of this.

Doberluv

Oh, poor girl. Vibes being sent that they got all the cancer and that she'll adapt quickly and lose weight. She sounds like a sweet dog. What a shame this happened.

milos_mommy

Tom came in today to talk to me about it.
They didn't get all the cancer.
They might try chemo.
She probably has a few months.
I'm heartbroken, I can not imagine how these poor people feel.

Members online

No members online now.