Funny and really good blog on breastfeeding in public.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Not a disgusting town ... Just a conservative one here it is very common to see women sitting or standing in the restroom nursing their babies, THOSE women I am polite to, at least they are taking the feelings of others into account & they don't mind in the least.

There are options: BF mothers can use bottles while they are out in public by pumping breast milk.

I never went out alot as a toddler, we weren't that well off & only ate out once a week. I guess I expect everyone else's kid to behave as I was expected to behave.
So, either mothers should feed their children in a car, in the bathroom, pump beforehand, or stay home? I'd LOVE to sit in a stuffy car or smelly, unsanitary bathroom while giving my child a meal. That sounds so delightful. There's no reason for a mother to have to pump beforehand when there's not even any skin being shown during NIP.

I think you should start eating meals in a restroom. I'm sure your burger, pasta, or whatever you're eating would be very appetizing while someone is taking a huge poop in the stall next to you.

I personally think it's VERY important to socialize your child from the time they're infants. My parents took me on a plane for the first time when I was 5 weeks old, and even took me on a flight from Boston to Hawaii when I was 18 months. They took me to restaurants often, and I'm still so appreciative that they didn't keep me locked inside a house just for being a kid.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Just wow DogDragoness, I hope you never decided to come visit BC, there are half nude or fully nude Hippies, while breastfeeding everywhere, oh the horror.

Seriously get over it. It is what is natural. And if you have issues with mother's breastfeeding in public, then leave.

Airn

While I'm not a 'fan' of breastfeeding in public, I don't have any ill will towards a mother who wishes to do it. I'm a fairly modest person and I really don't like much skin showing. (Those vagina cut jean shorts? I don't like those either. :cool:)

I would never ask a mother to leave so she could breastfeed. However, I would hope she would try to be discreet. Feeding your child is one thing, just plopping everything out there is another.

I rarely see it here, whether that's from scared mothers or lack of people who breastfeed... not sure.

I can't say I've ever really come across a feeding mother who I wanted to leave the area.

Usually they are pretty discreet and the ones who aren't... well.. Those are the Westboro Baptists of the group. ;) Much like DD's views on this subject. :rofl1:

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
San Antoni ois not like that. I have vacationed there and have family there. I have seen
NIP going on. YOU just have hangups and may need professional help. Especially with saying you have a Mexican BF. Most Mexicans americans I know all BF. (I know sterotypeing but true in my case.)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Most women I see nip are so discreet you probably wouldn't even notice unless you were looking for them. It's really just a passing thought for me 'oh good for them' kind of a thing. Seriously not a big deal. I've never seen someone just 'plop it out'.

In the end though? Who cares? I will say don't go to the Caribbean. You will see lots of boobs and nakedness and not all are attractive.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Swimsuits & BFing aren't the same thing, I can't get why they are being compared though there some things (bikinis included) that some people (me included) shouldn't be wearing. Like my friend says "just because they make it in your size, doesn't mean you should wear it."
I'm not talking about people who "shouldn't" be wearing bikinis :confused:

Like I said, even ONE PIECE bathing suits show more skin than breast feeding. Heck, even low cut tank tops show more skin.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Even if people 'shouldnt' wear bikinis, it is their right to if they want. Don't like it? Don't look.

Eta: honestly he world would be a better place if we all stopped judging everyone else and minded our own business.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I'm sooo glad my husband was raised by a woman who would breast feed anywhere without shame (she had 8 kids, that would have been a LOT of time spent in restrooms). He thinks it's totally bizarre that anyone would have a problem with public breast feeding.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Dog- maybe if you clarified why nursing bothers you we could see why these comparisons are failing in your mind.

Noise? Why are loud eaters or obnoxious laughers not the same?

The sight? Why are fat people in revealing clothes or skinny people in revealing clothes not the same?

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Even if people 'shouldnt' wear bikinis, it is their right to if they want. Don't like it? Don't look.

Eta: honestly he world would be a better place if we all stopped judging everyone else and minded our own business.
Exactly. There are ALWAYS going to be people who feel you "shouldn't" wear something. You'll always be too small, too big, too old, too young, etc, in someone's opinion.

Equinox

Holy sh!t, I must be extremely ignorant because I never even knew this was an issue. I'm sure that I've been around mothers breast feeding in public once or twice, but...so what? It's a mother. Feeding her baby. Her quiet baby! Why in the world would this even be an issue?

Danefied

Dogdragoness, did you read the blog, or just see that it was about breastfeeding and freak out?

For that matter, did you read the title of the thread? If it's something you hate so much why even open the thread and subject yourself to it?

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I had an opinion, wanted to voice it ... Nothing more. Yes I did read the whole thing & felt compelled to reply because she calls anyone who doesn't agree with her view "idiots" IMO she is no better then I am

I also love that site "people of Walmart" LMBO

There are options: BF mothers can use bottles while they are out in public by pumping breast milk.

I never went out alot as a toddler, we weren't that well off & only ate out once a week. I guess I expect everyone else's kid to behave as I was expected to behave.
Nope, not an option for all. I never could pump any milk out.....would take me hours and hours to maybe get a couple ounces, not even a full feeding. Couple that with my daughter refusing to take a bottle...yep, not an option.

And, with that said....why is a baby eating from a bottle ok? That is noisier for sure (though still extremely quiet)

And wow, what a sad sad world we woud live in if everyone acted and behaved the same:yikes: Perhaps your lack of socialization contributed to your general dislike of people?

Paige

Let it be
I have plans to go totally TOPLESS here in the summer because its legal and I find the sterotype of it being socially acceptable for men to be topless and not women irritating.

Down with the double standards.

Anyways, I nurse in public and share photos of it everywhere. THE HORROR

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Yes I dislike people I don't like my own species ... Too many bad experiences my OH & I have had arguments in the past about being he Ben more social but it's just not my nature & now he understands that.

I guess that's why I always took jobs w/ animals & people who were also social outcasts. I don't want to conform to what society says is "right" or "proper" screw society

Members online

No members online now.