Dog license's defintly a good idea...please.

Just watching this now,very sad.Very upsetting to see how these dog's are treated by their "owner's",and then on top of that the stress put on them when being removed,and the kennels.All in all,sadly I think most are better off dead :(
Sadly it seems the large majority of people who try to own these dog's and want to own them want them for the wrong reason's and shouldn't own dog's FULL STOP.
God this make's me angry.So angry.These people shout and cry when the police come to take their dog's away,and then you find their dog's having been living LOCKED in room's or shed's,filthy and uncared for.
The only thing I can think to solve this would be dog license's,responsible breeding etc.
UGH
:madgo:

Death Row Dog's

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01bbvfk

Death Row Dogs looks at the growing problem of illegal fighting dogs on the streets of Britain. Despite being banned in the early 90s, pit bulls have become the dog of choice for criminals; sentences are lower than for carrying a knife or a gun but the results can be just as severe. However the problem is not just confined to pit bulls, injuries caused by dogs are at record levels and rising. Sadly fatalities are not uncommon.

This film gains access to the work of the West Midlands Police Dangerous Dog Unit as they try to tackle the growing problem. We see raids on high profile gang members, crack dealers, a suspected fighting dog ring and a mother who keeps a pit bull for protection. Due to the current law the police sometimes have to destroy a sociable dog and let potentially violent ones go free.

We also follow the tragic stories of families who have had a child killed by an out of control dog. How did it happen? Could it have been prevented? And how have the family dealt with the shocking trauma of such a brutal death?

The film asks whether the current laws work? Why dangerous dogs like the fearsome pit bulls are such an issue? And what can be done to stop the problem getting worse?

SarahHound

I've got it on to record, it just looks awful. Apparently the Dogs Trust had filmed a positive film about staffies that they program makes had promised to include, and dropped at the last minute, so from what I have heard, its all negative.

I haven't watched it yet, so will comment back after. I know its not going to be nice viewing though :(

I just don't know how licensing would be enforced. I hear there is a system in Germany where you need a license for a dog and it works, but I don't know how true that is.

It was very negative,and very sad.
One of the first thing's that annoyed me was they talked about the dangerous pit bull's and how popular they are whilst showing a random clip of a Rottweiler.
It really doesn't add well to their stereotype,I would have liked a more responsible "let's look at irresponsible owner's" attitude,and less focusing on the breed/s.
Also,I don't know alot about body language etc. but the way these dog's were dealt with by the police came across as a bit...tough!Just because your dealing with a big strong dog doesn't mean it's not going to suffer from being dragged into a boot!They looked so stressed in these situations!
Anyway let me know what you think when you watch it!

Dogs6

Plus One
I have it recorded to watch but I'm not actually sure I'm going to watch ur since I know that it'll just make me angry.

SarahHound

I watched it earlier. I was actually surprised by it, I was certain it was going to be all, pit bulls kill kill kill and cannot be pets, etc etc. Some of the officers were making decent comments on the DDA not working, and how it was sad when good dogs had to be put down.

Tyson being PTS made me cry. He was wagging his tail as he was given the injection. Just heartless. If the law cannot be scrapped, it needs to be changed that these 'types' of dogs can be rehomed at least. Tyson's owners were rubbish, but he looked such a great dog if he was given the right home.

Dogs6

Plus One
I watched it earlier. I was actually surprised by it, I was certain it was going to be all, pit bulls kill kill kill and cannot be pets, etc etc. Some of the officers were making decent comments on the DDA not working, and how it was sad when good dogs had to be put down.

Tyson being PTS made me cry. He was wagging his tail as he was given the injection. Just heartless. If the law cannot be scrapped, it needs to be changed that these 'types' of dogs can be rehomed at least. Tyson's owners were rubbish, but he looked such a great dog if he was given the right home.
This!

Dogs6

Plus One
It was a real eye-opener. I knew the system was flawed but I didn't realise how flawed it was :( I feel so bad for the people having to handle the dogs knowing that they'll probably have to be put down but I don't really think its fair for them to judge the dogs based on their reactions in a crowed kennel environment. I felt so bad for the dig that was dragged off its owners bed when it was just trying to protect her.

Members online