Today's Pics

B

Backward_Cinderella

Oh Juicy, you need to fog your house asap. That's the only way we got rid of our ticks!! Ryan's pet supply has a good, inexpensive fogger that I love. I hate ticks, they drive me up the wall! We have problems with them on and off, they come from the stupid, ignorant asshat neighbor, who leaves her dogs outside all the time with no shelter and "no speak eengleesh* even though I've HEARD her over the fence. I've even offered to dip her guys for free, she just doesn't give a crap. -_-

Juicy

Oh Juicy, you need to fog your house asap. That's the only way we got rid of our ticks!! Ryan's pet supply has a good, inexpensive fogger that I love. I hate ticks, they drive me up the wall! We have problems with them on and off, they come from the stupid, ignorant asshat neighbor, who leaves her dogs outside all the time with no shelter and "no speak eengleesh* even though I've HEARD her over the fence. I've even offered to dip her guys for free, she just doesn't give a crap. -_-
Can I get one at like wal-mart or petco?

Its weird I would search them one day, take off all the ones I spot and the next day they still have more. Looking at them, or petting them you wouldn't think they were infested, but indeed they were. I even found one on the skin part of Pepe's ear. I mean I wouldn't think of searching his ears until I cleaned them which is not a daily thing. Is it safe for dogs or will I need to keep them elsewhere for a while? This fog is for inside and out? Because I think the yard is infested, I haven't taken them outside anywhere, except today.

Its weird finally I'm not surrounded by dogs next door, but now is when I get ticks? I would always get the worst neighbor's that kept their dogs dirty, outside 24/7 and one who had a puppy who died from parvo....I've always worried back then, but I never ran into any problems....now that I don't have neighbors' with dogs, I get the problems.

B

Backward_Cinderella

I fog inside and out, and I do it when nobody's home. Can your neighbor's keep them for a bit? Or you sister or someone?
You might be able to find them at walmart or petco, but I don't know.

I remember one time, in my grooming apprenticeship, there was this dog that came in really, really matted, and when I started shaving him and got what's called a "pocket" in the mats, he was covered in ticks. It was horrible... and they wondered why the poor guy was lethargic. :(

Juicy

I fog inside and out, and I do it when nobody's home. Can your neighbor's keep them for a bit? Or you sister or someone?
You might be able to find them at walmart or petco, but I don't know.

I remember one time, in my grooming apprenticeship, there was this dog that came in really, really matted, and when I started shaving him and got what's called a "pocket" in the mats, he was covered in ticks. It was horrible... and they wondered why the poor guy was lethargic. :(
How long till its safe to be back in the house? Does goes for humans as well?

B

Backward_Cinderella

It depends on the product. The one I use is 24 hours, but its worth it because it WORKS soooo well. Yeah, it applies to humans too.

Juicy

It depends on the product. The one I use is 24 hours, but its worth it because it WORKS soooo well. Yeah, it applies to humans too.
Thanks a jillion :) I don't think these sprays are all that good. The tea oil onethough makes my room smell relaxing though.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
Juicy--it's possible your dogs are picking up ticks from the dog park--we have a terrible tick problem around here. I check my dogs after the park and walks in the woods--but also use a topical on them once a month. Lyme disease in only ONE disease that ticks can transmit--they are terrible things! And it looks like that fogger is for fleas (not ticks?)
Good luck getting it under control--nasty buggers those ticks!

B

Backward_Cinderella

That's what I thought too, but when I talked to the guy at Ryan's about it, he said it would work for ticks too, and it did. *shrug*

Juicy

Juicy--it's possible your dogs are picking up ticks from the dog park--we have a terrible tick problem around here. I check my dogs after the park and walks in the woods--but also use a topical on them once a month. Lyme disease in only ONE disease that ticks can transmit--they are terrible things! And it looks like that fogger is for fleas (not ticks?)
Good luck getting it under control--nasty buggers those ticks!
I haven't walked them or taken them to parks, except yesterday, but I've been having an issue with them since last week. I haven't seen any fleas though. Thanks on the topical advice.

Members online

No members online now.