Vanillasugar/nilly update?

JacksonsMom

God ****. I'm just so saddened. I am just glad she is out of pain but so heartbroken for her family. Life is not fair.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
This isn't fair at all. She was such a good person and I don't understand someone so amazing can pass away at such a young age. It's just not fair.

Ugh, so unfair. :( Like Grammy, she wasn't someone I knew very long, maybe almost a year, but it still really makes my heart hurt.

katielou

Slave to the Aussie
:(
I'm not sure what we can do to help but I know that if we could get the funeral home to take fingerprints maybe we could all go in for a thumbie or two (I'd be willing to do it for cost) for when carter grows up

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
:( All that helps me make this feel anything less than hideous and unfair is knowing that she had a ton of Chaz dogs (and a few Chaz people) to greet her on the other side. Still sucks, but knowing she's whole and surrounded by love there seems to drive the tears away just a little.

She was an amazing person, and I know that without a doubt from seeing the snippets of her she shared on Chaz and through the posts on facebook I followed. The world lost a beautiful light.

Dekka

Just try me..
She really was wonderful. Not saying that cause she is gone but because she was. She never had bad things to say about people. Oh on occasion she would get frustrated and be annoyed but that was it. She was always up and positive. She was the most encouraging person to hang out with.

As an example. I went over to visit when Carter was a month or so old. I knew she had been diagnosed with a brain tumour but she was being very hush hush about the details. I brought Quest over as she was little and needed some socializing. Also Julia couldn't drive any more so if she needed puppy time, puppy needed to come to her.

We were sitting on her living room floor with Quest on her lap and Carter sleeping in his little sling chair. She told me what it was and that it was stage 4. I didn't know anything about that type of cancer but I knew what stage 4 was. I started to cry and she comforted me. She was positive she would fight this (and was she right). She was so strong.

Everytime I visited or texted she was upbeat and had a great outlook. Even if she was tired or not feeling great she still had a smile or was making a joke out of not knowing the right word (text was hard for her)

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Very, very sad. Cancer sucks and doesn't discriminate. I can't possibly imagine losing my young wife and being left with a toddler to raise on my own. My heart goes out to Matt and Carter. May Julia finally rest in peace.

Dekka made a "what we can do" thread. It's stickied above.

http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275299

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I lost a loved one a decade ago to a cancer fight he could not win. My heart goes her family. We send our love, and prayers for healing memories.

Awwww. Sorry to hear about her passing. :( :( :( I did see some of her posts on here and I'm sad to hear she passed away. Best wishes to her friends and family and I hope her dogs are doing OK.

Last edited:
How sad... Poor Carter, losing his Mother on his birthday.. it'll never be the same.. :( Life can be so cruel..

I didn't know Nilly at all, but she sounds as though she was a magnificent person who was deserving of all of the love and respect this forum has displayed towards her in this thread... It really makes me sad that I didn't get the chance to meet her because she was loved so much by the people here, she must have been the kind of person you only meet once in your life.

I sincerely wish the best for Carter and Matt, and would like to pass along my condolences. Send them a hug from me :(

Doberluv

How very sad this is. She was so young. I remember her and her posts, her interest in others and love of dogs. She was a nice person, wasn't she...always cheerful and brave to the very end. They say things happen for a reason. I never could understand that. What possible reason could any kind of god have for taking away someone so young, leaving a young child and husband without her? Why the pain? There is no answer unless you want to look at it in one way. She was truly an inspiration of strength, acceptance, bravery and graciousness as she struggled with this wretched disease and I think she taught a good lesson to others.

My brother died of a brain tumor some years back and it is a horrible thing to go through and for the family.

I send my deepest sympathy to her husband, child and all her family for the strength and peace that I think she portrayed in life as in her death.

milos_mommy

I also didn't know Julia very well, but I was part of this forum when she frequented and I can agree she was an incredibly sweet, helpful, welcoming woman. I am incredibly sad to hear of her passing. Her husband Matt was also clearly dedicated to her and I can't begin to fathom his loss.

If I recall, Julia was raised by her father after losing her mother at a young age. I hope knowing what an amazing woman she turned out to be will help Matt in raising Carter in the same unfortunate circumstance.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I'm heartbroken. I didn't know her outside of Chaz, but she was such a sweet woman. She fought for so long, and last time I heard (on Chaz) was that she was doing pretty well, so when I saw the card on FB I had to come on here to check for sure, because I couldn't believe it.. Her poor husband and Carter. I can't even begin to imagine. He didn't even get to know his mom. And now her husband having to raise their child alone. I just can't even.. And I'm sorry to the people here who knew her as more than just a friendly forum user. I'm so sorry. I am praying for Nilly and for her friends and family. Cancer just...sucks. :(

Members online

No members online now.