The Venting Thread

Lyzelle

Wow, Lyzelle! Do you bruise easily? I do... I bruise after they take blood even. =P I hope it's not too painful for long... I admit to not having done much research on it so I have no idea if it's typically sore or not. =<.
It is definitely sore. I took some hydrocodone earlier and that is wearing off so now I am just doing tylenol. I typically don't bruise for shots or anything like that.

It's just a quick burning pain now and then...like getting a shot. It isn't a constant dull pain. Not at the moment anyway.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Wah, keep looking at petfinder and I don't know why! I even found a dog to put in an app for and hopefully get to meet, but somehow argh!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
My shift starts at 8:00. I walked in the door at 8:01 and was bitched out.
I'm tired. I haven't had a day off since last Wednesday. I get sucky shifts. I'm starting to get burnt out. I need a day off. Being yelled at for being "late" did not help at all.

And I have an exam tomorrow, that I haven't had a chance to study for due to work and life. Ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh.

Is it Saturday yet?

Paige

Let it be
I am not happy right now. My mom didnt have the common sense to tell me she was walking out the door. Then, as Briggs runs by, she just watches as I yell CATCH HIM. She doesnt. I have to run after him. He skids out on the driveway and gets roadrash. I chipped off a few toenails in the process. NOT HAPPY

Lyzelle

"Nordic" breeds. WHY is this suddenly so common? I think it might be a bigger pet peeve than calling a purebred Sibe a "husky".

My arm is killing me today. I can't find a comfortable position to sleep in, type in, or just relax. This is the most inconvenient spot to put an implant.

darkchild16

We are Home.
I'm tired and worn out and my kids are in a extra hyper/misbehaving mood. I think I have told them to sit and eat about 50 times yet they wouldnt have patience while I was cooking it. Then Savannah puked down me and Jeremy is at work until about 4 AM

Red.Apricot

I'm 1000% nervous right now (about to teach a class for the first time ever) and my boyfriend took my printer and it was unplugged and it was hard to figure out and his computer is stupid. D:<

"Nordic" breeds. WHY is this suddenly so common? I think it might be a bigger pet peeve than calling a purebred Sibe a "husky".

My arm is killing me today. I can't find a comfortable position to sleep in, type in, or just relax. This is the most inconvenient spot to put an implant.
Imagine if it was in in the hip :eek:

My sympathies. It would drive me nuts, especially in the gym.

Okay. The constant and stupid "you are wrong, let us discuss, PM me so we can talk" :spam: from Netherlands/Antilles is getting OLD.

So is all the rest of the spam, but those are on my hit list right now.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I just found out one of my good friends has prostate cancer. At the risk of sounding very cheesy, he's like a grandfather to me in a lot of ways. My grandpas both died when I was really young, so it's been nice having that kind of figure in my life. His health is not very good otherwise either so it has me very worried.

I'm just... hoping for a good outcome for him. He deserves it.

I guess that's not really a vent though

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
It's been a rough couple weeks at work. In some ways it's so much better now that I know where we stand and in other ways it's soo much worse and will be bad until the conclusion that I know is coming happens. Black friday is how soon, who gave notice today, what do you mean there's nothing wrong with the schedule? We don't have anyone scheduled in the dept?!

All these things are layered on thickly right now.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I've been listening to the audio book of The Fellowship of the Ring for the past week whenever I'm in my car, and it's gotten to the point that everytime I read something I hear the British narrator's voice in my head saying the words I'm reading. Though it's annoying it makes for some **** interesting work emails....

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I can't stop picking the skin off my lips.

It's an anxious habit I used to do A LOT as a child and until I was around 17 but I THOUGHT I had grown out of if after some intense therapy.. I haven't done it for a year!

First I woke up a few nights ago with bloody lips from doing it..and now I'm back to doing it when I'm distracted/stressed.

My therapist says it's part of an OCD issue I have with anxiety and that ever since i was a child I had issues with anxiety and these kinds of things (I was always very obsessive about counting/lip picking/hair pulling/biting inside cheek/pacing/nail biting)

Ugh it just drives me so batty! I do it and do it and do it until my lips are bleeding and keep at it until they are even and I don't even NOTICE I'm doing it half the time

It's so frustrating.
and relaxing.
and annoying.
but it hurts.
but it helps with stress even when I don't know I'm doing it..it's soothing.

My therapist says I need to focus and relax..and that it's my anxiety that comes out into these problems but I just can't seem to stop.

at this point they say since it's been going on so long they are considering putting me on meds but I just can't believe I have allowed this problem to get so bad.

Nearly ALL my signs of OCD I have re-covered from. I overcame an eating disorder, the counting, the germaphobia, the social anxieties.

I am not being put on meds for something as stupid as lip picking! UGH!!

My normal coping mechanism is running/pacing/walking and if I can't move I just PICK PICK PICK and it's so dumb and just UGH WHY?!

Last edited:

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I can't stop picking the skin off my lips.

It's an anxious habit I used to do A LOT as a child and until I was around 17 but I THOUGHT I had grown out of if after some intense therapy.. I haven't done it for a year!

First I woke up a few nights ago with bloody lips from doing it..and now I'm back to doing it when I'm distracted/stressed.

My therapist says it's part of an OCD issue I have with anxiety and that ever since i was a child I had issues with anxiety and these kinds of things (I was always very obsessive about counting/lip picking/hair pulling/biting inside cheek/pacing/nail biting)

Ugh it just drives me so batty! I do it and do it and do it until my lips are bleeding and keep at it until they are even and I don't even NOTICE I'm doing it half the time

It's so frustrating.
and relaxing.
and annoying.
but it hurts.
but it helps with stress even when I don't know I'm doing it..it's soothing.

My therapist says I need to focus and relax..and that it's my anxiety that comes out into these problems but I just can't seem to stop.

at this point they say since it's been going on so long they are considering putting me on meds but I just can't believe I have allowed this problem to get so bad.

Nearly ALL my signs of OCD I have re-covered from. I overcame an eating disorder, the counting, the germaphobia, the social anxieties.

I am not being put on meds for something as stupid as lip picking! UGH!!

My normal coping mechanism is running/pacing/walking and if I can't move I just PICK PICK PICK and it's so dumb and just UGH WHY?!
I do the same thing only its with random hairs and also my chin and throat. I pick a LOT and its an anxiety related thing here too. I will pick till I bleed and once that scabs over then I pick the scabs. :(

LauraLeigh

I play with my hair... Like I twist the ends of the strands BG my thumb & index finger... I have been doing it since I can remember & I have true everything to stop
I do this too!!! My Mom said I've done it since I was little, she even cut my hair short once in an effort to get me to stop....

I try not to, but..... I even pull some out when stressed, not a lot but a few loose strands and roll the strands between my fingers.... It's an awful habit and has to hurt my hair but I can't remember not doing it... I liken it to chewing nails...

Members online