Reecie update

Picklepaige

Remember when I said we were going to have to euthanize Reecie for kidney failure? Well, we took her in that morning and asked for them to test her levels one more time, because that same morning she actually ate and had a light in her eyes, something she had been lacking recently.

So, the vet checked her levels, and....THEY'RE NORMAL!!!!!

I don't think I have ever cried so much in my life. She has to stay on pain meds for the rest of her life, but, combined with fluid therapy, she is jumping around like a puppy: something I have never seen her do since she was a year old. Prety darn good for an 11-year-old lab :D

The vet said we'll have a good few years with her yet :)

MPP

petperson
Oh, how WONDERFUL! Enjoy every single second you have with her, because you've earned it! And Reecie, you keep being your happy, healthy, beautiful self so that your hoomans don't have to worry about you.

chicklette

Animal Nut!
Oh he is gorgeous, I love the colour. Im so happy you don’t have to put him to sleep and you have some years ahead to be with him. You must have been ecstatic.

ACooper

I am so glad you had her retested just to be sure! AWESOME news, and she really does have a beautiful smile :)

Barb04

Super Moderator
You put the biggest smile on my face this morning. I'm so happy for both of you.

Members online

No members online now.