Researching Vitamins/ Metabolism and healthy Eating and getting CONFUSED

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
[YOUTUBE]6K-aaPSgZWs[/YOUTUBE]

Not as bad as people make them out to be, I think they are actually kind of fun. (Then again I am also the girl who runs half-marathons "for fun" so take that as you will.) But I hate the name. "Burpee?" Ugliest name for an exercise ever.

As far as strength training goes, there's pretty much no reason not to do it. Or rather no good reason. Here's an article on a beginning body weight workout and a video demonstrating moves as well:
http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

Even if they're talking about weight lifting, I do NOT agree with waiting on that and concentrating on cardio. Because when you strength train - via lifting weights or just body weight exercises - you build muscle, which helps your body burn fat even in a resting state. The advice to not do strength training and focus on cardio is rotten advice and you should ignore it. You absolutely need to do strength training.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
zomg you have a red egg i hate you FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU i keep seeing them and then im too slow to grab them D:

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!

Not as bad as people make them out to be, I think they are actually kind of fun. (Then again I am also the girl who runs half-marathons "for fun" so take that as you will.) But I hate the name. "Burpee?" Ugliest name for an exercise ever.

As far as strength training goes, there's pretty much no reason not to do it. Or rather no good reason. Here's an article on a beginning body weight workout and a video demonstrating moves as well:
http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

Even if they're talking about weight lifting, I do NOT agree with waiting on that and concentrating on cardio. Because when you strength train - via lifting weights or just body weight exercises - you build muscle, which helps your body burn fat even in a resting state. The advice to not do strength training and focus on cardio is rotten advice and you should ignore it. You absolutely need to do strength training.
As a beginner to "burpees" how many would you recommend I start out with? I run 7/10ths of a mile every other day

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
As a beginner to "burpees" how many would you recommend I start out with? I run 7/10ths of a mile every other day
As many as you can do in 30 seconds. Wait 60 seconds, then do as many as you can do in 30 seconds. Wait 60 seconds, then do as many as you can do in 30 seconds again.

Basically three reps of as many as you can do in 30 seconds with a 60 second break between them. If that's too easy, next time you do a strength training workout do as many as you can do in 45 seconds.

Alternatively you can stick the 30/45 seconds into a strength training circuit and do three rounds of the circuit.

THIS, just all this!!

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
zomg you have a red egg i hate you FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU i keep seeing them and then im too slow to grab them D:
I have many many reds (20 at my last count) I breed my own lol.

I also have TWO alternate dark greens (very rare) & over 10 vamps (also very rare) :D

(SERIOUSLY OT I know but I'm really proud :D ) here is my scroll link, check it out if you want :): http://dragcave.net/user/Norma_Dragoness

Members online

No members online now.