Eye twitching

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
My eye has been twitching for over 2 days and it is driving me absolutely bonkers! Anyone had this problem? I've done some reading and it sounds benign, but it's enough you can see it and it's constantly distracting. Any advice on how to get it to STOP?

I've had eyelid twitches before but never one that has lasted for DAYS....

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Yes. It's almost always stress related too. I think I've only ever had it once where it went on for over a day... usually it's a few hours and then it stops. But it has been drawn out before. And yes it's SUPER annoying!
Unfortunately I've never really found a way to make it stop except giving it time.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
When I was kid if that happened I was always told to eat a banana for the potassium and it would stop.

It seems to work but I've never looked into it...for all I know it was a "go away" line and the eyelid twitch stopped on its own lol.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
According to Livestrong.com, low magnesium could have that effect but not low potassium. The internet says my mother lied to me.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I think it is getting less frequent this afternoon. It's not a constant twitch but it is fairly often.

I keep thinking it must be stressed. I was super stressed the day before it started, but I've been relaxing as much as possible (while still being at work all day). And I got a lot of sleep last night too.

I think I've heard the banana thing before actually. I have no idea where.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
According to Livestrong.com, low magnesium could have that effect but not low potassium. The internet says my mother lied to me.
:rofl1:

I don't think I've ever heard the banana thing but I would totally be game to try it. Maybe it's a placebo LOL.

milos_mommy

SO annoying. Try ice, and if ice on the eye area doesn't help, try putting it on your neck/shoulder on that side.

That helps me, but I think my eye twitching could be related to my fabulous neck problems/migraines, so I dunno if it helps in general.

noludoru

Bored Now.
My eye has been twitching for over 2 days and it is driving me absolutely bonkers! Anyone had this problem? I've done some reading and it sounds benign, but it's enough you can see it and it's constantly distracting. Any advice on how to get it to STOP?

I've had eyelid twitches before but never one that has lasted for DAYS....
I've also never been able to fix it. I try to go to sleep. It's lasted two+ days for me before.

I died laughing a little bit.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Mine was always stress related, but has disappeared since I started medication for my anxiety. Quite awesome. It used to happen all the time. My eye and my thumb would twitch, lol.

Saeleofu

I've had them last for weeks. It's usually stress, and gets better when the stress gets better (ha).

Members online

No members online now.