Texas Wolves???

Y

yuckaduck

I signed her guest book with this comment

Why would someone be so irresponsible to breed such a creature? If you truley wish to help the wolf, then breed and re introduce them into the wild, purebreeds not mutts! Continental kennel club is only a registery for plan mutts and the registration amounts to toilet paper, nothing else. You are adding to the shelter problems. I am sure you love your dogs very much but this is just wrong!

Wonder if she will get back to me or if she will simply delete it.

Lexus

Getting mad here, I can't get my message to go through in her guestbook... will try again in the morning. My computer is notorious for being a pain in the @ss at times like these!
Here is what I'm saying when I do get it to work. I know it probably won't change any minds. But I feel better about myself for at least getting it off my chest.

Forget your pocketbook, your bank account, etc. Think about the animals. Wolves are wild animals. They are meant to be in the wild. Period. What you're doing, and others like you, is irresponsible and wrong. Not only are these animals mutts that you are passing off to niave and unsuspecting people that will probably end up either injured themselves, or the animals will be injured eventually. Have you even looked in the serious problem that we are having with overpopulation of shelters and rescues. Do you have a clue how many animals are destroyed yearly because of backyard breeding. And breeding for a "fad", which is what this is. There are more than 1.2 million wolf-dogs that are euthanized every year due to lack of rescues and adequate homes. Sadly this is a fact.

nedim

OK, here is how far our e-mail "conversation" got.

Quite the answer I expected.

Texas Wolves <[email protected]> wrote: Whatever - To each his own!
----- Original Message -----
To: Texas Wolves
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 2:26 PM
Subject: Re: concerned and angry

I have done years and years of research, for your information. Its sad that so many people are uninformed about proper breeding. I used to have a gsd/wolf x myself, but he was conceived in the wild, with no human interference. Wolfs are not house pets. They are not domestic dogs and should bot be cross bred with domestic dogs. Just because something has been done for a long time, that does not by any means make it right.

Texas Wolves <[email protected]> wrote: A trend, huh? Obviously you haven't done your research. The wolf dog has been around for quite some time, so that hardly qualifies it for being a trend or a fad.
So please do some research before attacking my breeding ethics.

To: Texas Wolves
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 8:32 AM
Subject: Re: concerned and angry

No responsible breeder would ever cross-breed dogs, escpecially not a dog with such a high prey drive as a wolf. And "life is too short o be concerned and angry"? I've devoted my life to dogs and it pains me to see "breeders" ruining bloodlines to make a dog thats nothing more than a trend. I never said you didnt take care of your dogs, but you are doing nothing to help either breed in the long run.

Texas Wolves <[email protected]> wrote: Hello concerned and angry,
I don't understand why you are so concerned and angry??
First of all, life is way too short to be so upset about my wolf dogs.
If you would do some research you would see that breeding wolf dogs is very common place and accepted.
My animals are well cared for and loved and since you don't have a clue about me or what I'm about, I suggest that you find something worthwhile to be upset about!
By the way, I guess making silly comments on my website is responsible.
Get a life.
Carol
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2005 5:15 PM
Subject: concerned and angry

Hi, I stumbled upon your site while looking for wolf pics. I noticed that youre breeding mutts? Whats all that about? What responsible breeder would ever purposely cross-breed? I think what youre doing is very irresponsible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bubbatd

There will be no win for any of us here , unfortunatley . People who breed this way are only in it for either money or for their own ego. It'sad !

panzer426

my opinion is it is not the purposefull breeding of these animals that is a problem. you want a wolf dog? fine, do tons and tons of research and if you still think its a good idea then get one.
my problem with them is (well actually i have a few)...#1: most wolf dog breeders know little to nothing about wolves and/or wolf dogs. for one thing if they call themselves wolf hybrid breeders they know squat because hybrid implies 2 seperate species, wolves and dogs are same species different sub species.
#2: most of them dont actually have wolf dogs, they just have wolfish looking dogs. they may be pure malamute, husky or german shepherd or they may be a mix of any/all of those, or they may have any number of other breeds mixed in.
#3: most keep their animals in terrible conditions just like a puppy mill and breed them at every heat cycle.
#4: only a small few wolf dog breeders have a waiting list and refuse to breed until they have more names on the list than the average litter produces.
#5: very very few offer a health/temperament garauntee. most of the few who do only offer it for 6 months. (a few do offer 3 year lifetime that I know of, and I know of 1 who offers a lifetime garauntee...any health or temperament problem and you get back triple what you paid for the puppy plus free pick of litter, dont like one in the available litter? wait until the next breeding which may be 3 years or more and get pick of that one).
#6: very few do any type of screening on potential owners. wolf dogs are different from dogs and have different requirements.
#7: many claim to have sub species of wolf which dont actually exist. mackenzie valley wolf? okay, that actually used to be a sub species but the 20+ sub species of wolves once recognized in north america have been consolidated down to about half a dozen. some claim to have buffalo wolf in them, never existed. some claim to have arctic wolf in them, very very few arctic wolves exist in captivity outside of zoos and bio-parks, they are almsot always white gsd's or huskies rather than arctic wolf. some even claim to have rare black wolf in them, not a sub species at all...its just a color (like black gsd's, blue dobermans etc).
a truly reputable wolf dog breeder will be charging between $300-$750 for a puppy no matter what the wolf content (1% wolf or 99% wolf) because a 99% wolf dog can look and act like a 100% dog. they will have a waiting list and only breed each female once every two years (or less often). they will offer a health and temperament garauntee for atleast 2 years (wolf dogs are just as susceptabel to hip/elbow displasia and other problems as other large breeds). they will ask you a lot of questions and want a vet reference and will want to speak (on the phone or in person) with atleast your 2 closest (proximity) neighbors. they will want to meet every member of your household and possibly even friends who visit frequently. they will want to see your house and will tell you what aspects of your home do and do not meet their requirements (tall enough fence, large enough yard, does the fence continue atleast 2 feet below ground etc). and they will not have puppies available right now, they may have puppies right now but they wont be available because homes have been waiting for them for quite some time. they will also want follow up contact and want your vet to contact them with vaccination updates and let them know about any health concrens.
I should have said "require" rather than want because if you dont meet any of those requirements they wont give you one of their puppies. it sounds like a lot of work, it sounds really hard and time consuming, it sounds really invasive. but a good wolf dog breeder requires more than most good dog breeders because most wolf dogs require more from their owners than most dogs do.
there are plenty of wolf dog rescue groups out there as well.

Members online

No members online now.