bad/good week scootering

bcmoffatt

totally normal
Since the weather has been nice and cool lately, I've been out a lot more running dogs.
On Monday, I took Cricket and Kena out for a 6-7 km run. It was one of the best we've had, maybe ever... Until we came around this bend in a trail through a field of grass, and right into a huge trench filled with mud! I couldn't see it until it was too late. I tried to jump off, but I was thrown right into the puddle. I put my arms up to stop my fall and was almost elbow deep in the mud. Then my scooter fell on top of me. It hit me in the back of the arm. I climbed out, pulled my scooter out of the trench, and we went on for another kilometer or two. I think the dip in the mud refreshed the dogs because they ran faster afterwards. The last bit of that run was exhilarating!

This morning, I took Mochi and Kena out for a run on this gravel trail by my house. I haven't been using a snub line during hook-up lately because the dogs have been observing the 'wait' command really well. Well, this morning was so cool and crisp, and there was a man and his dog up the trail and the dogs were so excited they were screaming during hook-up. I went to step on the line after I attached the dogs, but before I could even turn around and put my foot down, they took off!!! They bolted down the trail dragging my scooter on its side!!!! :yikes: On the bright side, they ran right past that man and his dog without slowing down, so I guess training has paid off. :rolleyes: They ran about 20 feet past the man before they realized, "Hey, there's nobody on this train to stop us, let's go see that guy" and they stopped and turned towards the man, which is when I caught up with them. The man and his dog were kinda stunned, but very nice, and he gave the boys a treat as we passed on the way back. :)

All in all, a good week. Mud washes off, my arm isn't hurt too badly, and the nice man seemed to enjoy being run over by crazy sled dogs. :D

We'll see what the rest of the week brings, and if Oc_Spirit and I can make it to Ottawa this weekend for a dryland race at Larose forest!

Members online

No members online now.