Dog put down after attacking child

R

RedyreRottweilers

It does not say what breed. Is there a link to the original story?

Where is Colac?

Is this from a newspaper?

Mastiffgirlie

ican'tkeepmyeyesoffyou
RedyreRottweilers said:
It does not say what breed. Is there a link to the original story?

Where is Colac?

Is this from a newspaper?
It's from ABC online so I'm guessing it was on the news or something. I couldn't find the original story.

R

RedyreRottweilers

So obviously it was not a Pitbull or a Rottweiler or that would be all over the headlines.

R

RedyreRottweilers

It's in Victoria, Australia. I can find no mention of the type of dog. The dog attacked the kid in his front yard.

showpug

I love how they leave out the breed if it's not one to get a reaction. Got to love the media :rolleyes:

Saje

Island dweller
showpug said:
I love how they leave out the breed if it's not one to get a reaction. Got to love the media :rolleyes:
thanks. I love you too. :p

lol just kidding :D

showpug

southern_girl09 said:
Well it was prollie like a Lab or Pom or something.. lol..
I remember a little girl that used to come into the vet clinic that I worked at. She had a horrible scar across her face. The mother told me that their poodle did it when the girl was a toddler :eek: Yes, poodle. Just goes to show that any dog can bite and that kids need to be monitored to make sure they are not mistreating the animals.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I remember a study back in the 1980's that showed on the average, a miniature poodle was more likely to bite than any other dog. And this was in the midst of the "Ban the Rotts!" craze...

Ash47

Taco Dog
I am cautious with any dog. But, I am more cautious with Poodles and Chis than I am with big dogs. Those little dogs have some big spunkiness in that tiny body!

I'm supprised they didn't say it was a Pit Bull. To the media anything that bites magically becomes a Pit Bull. Basically when the media says Pit Bull it means "insert breed here" :D

Amstaffer

evenstar7139 said:
I'm supprised they didn't say it was a Pit Bull. To the media anything that bites magically becomes a Pit Bull. Basically when the media says Pit Bull it means "insert breed here" :D
Amen!

casablanca1 said:
Most of the stories use the police statement, which simply says the breed of the dog is yet to be determined. According to these two stories, the dog is either a bull terrier or a bull terrier cross.

http://the.standard.net.au/articles/2006/01/04/1136050472356.html
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,17726005%5E2862,00.html

The link in the original post was to the Australian Broadcasting Corp., not the American.
oie, what did I tell ya

Members online