last minute advice??

bubbatd

Again ... I echo Redy... I've seen too many crushed pups. One I bred to had her pups out of the pen I lent her and into a wading pool. Crushed pup ! Even with a whelping pen I lost one.... had just changed the bedding and Mom got back in too quickly her elbow must have hit a pup ... and I was there with her !! As to Doggish's comments ... sure, it's a natural thing ,,, but when you have a beloved female and a wanted healthy litter, you don't take chances.!! One of my pups was breach , and I know had I not been there to help , pup and maybe Mom would have died. Also, I always made sure that the engorged was nursed. When really full, some pups pass it up for a more grabable teat .... I even hand expressed at this time. I learned this only from nursing my first baby... I was reaching a mastitis stage. The next 3 weeks are up to the Mom, but it's up to you to make sure all is well . I really can't remember if you or someone else was ordering the book ... I feel it's a must for you !

shepluvr

Congrats!!!! *passes out cigars to all chazhound members* :D
Hate to beat a dead horse....but red and grammy are correct about raising them in the cage..your chances of losing pups by mom crushing them against the sides are much higher. She should be in a whelping box with pig rails to prevent this. I know you would feel guilty if this happens. Please make her use the whelping box before this happens.
*passes out cigars to all chazhound members*

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh what adorable puppies. I hope they are all doing well and so is mom. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.