The Venting Thread

DJEtzel

I was sent a plea for help this morning from our local kill shelter who is full to the brim and has even been crating dogs for extra space, but they need to start euthing if rescues won't pull. I wanted to take some time from fostering while Brian moved out and we squared away our relationship and my friend moved in, but I feel so terrible about these pups and highly adoptable dogs down there. :( What's worse is it's friday, and I work until 6, so I'd have to take a complete chance on a dog from it's petfinder profile to have someone else from the rescue pull and temp foster for me, since I'll be out of town this weekend as well.

But there is a mangey GSD mix pup no more than a few months there, and a miniature poodle mix of 4 months and some little older poms and chis that would be easy to fit in the house and lower maintenance and I can't decide what to do. ;(

DJEtzel

Not officially, but potentially. He's moving out next week to live with his friend because he wants some space- never really was the relationship type and doesn't know that he wants to be this committed long term (I'm his first girlfriend as an adult). We're going to give it a shot once he moves out and see if he feels any better about it, but the liklihood of us staying together even then is not looking good. It was sort of mutual since I have not been very happy either lately, but he made the decision to move out which is ok with me and I think it might be better for our relationship if he wants to stick it out. If not, we will likely just remain good friends because I think we're better at that anyway.

Why do my relationships have to be so complicated? :confused:

I am THIS close to shaving Quiddich bald. How does this short coated dog who is brushed regularly and has been recently blown out shed more then a persian cat in show coat? I was blaming chesh, but its only gotten worse since she moved out!

CaliTerp07

The dog looks so SMUG. I love it.
When I found her she was carrying/eating the little gardening shovel I had left out. Brat! I should have known Lucy barking at her was a warning, but I was so tired of entertaining her 24/7 I just left her outside for an extra few minutes.

I choose to believe this is Lucy trying to protect my plants, not partaking in the festivities.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
This happened this morning while dog sitting for my coworker:

Bye bye $50 worth of gerbera daisies. This is why I don't enjoy puppies!
OMG ... I would have killed that dog ... Seriously.

I have a dog who did that for most of her puppy days, if she would have done thats don't know what I would have done ... I put borders around mom's plants & I got after her she even went near them

DJEtzel

OMG ... I would have killed that dog ... Seriously.

I have a dog who did that for most of her puppy days, if she would have done thats don't know what I would have done ... I put borders around mom's plants & I got after her she even went near them
So your dog did this, but you don't know what you would have done if she did this, but you would have killed her if she did this? :rolleyes:

And that's why people don't feel you are suited to own a dog.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Riff sliced his foot deep at work so now we're at the vet. I can't afford this and our yard SHOULDN'T have sharp, exposed metal! I need to look at the waiver when I get back to see if I can push the owner to reimburse me. I am pissed. Just another reason to leave.

Edit: They shaved it and showed me. The bone is literally exposed and it just BARELY missed two veins.

Last edited:

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Bad news: something was seriously wrong with the Cocker and she has to stay at the vet for the weekend. Thankfully, her owners come home late tonight or early tomorrow.

Good news: I caught it in time, so she'll be fine.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Had an emergency come in tonight. A dog choked on some Velveeta cheese that they had given him as a treat. We couldn't get him breathing again, even with some drastic measures. :(

Bad night.

GRRRRRR! The stupidity of some people

Have a friend (who happens to be a trainer) who ran into a horrible situation today while walking with her kids in a park. Found a dog, muzzled, and on a prong collar with the leash wrapped around a tree branch. Reasoning was the dog needed to learn to get its nails clipped. When it fought, they hung it :(

The "trainer" was sitting right there "supervising"

GRRRRRR! The stupidity of some people

Have a friend (who happens to be a trainer) who ran into a horrible situation today while walking with her kids in a park. Found a dog, muzzled, and on a prong collar with the leash wrapped around a tree branch. Reasoning was the dog needed to learn to get its nails clipped. When it fought, they hung it :(

The "trainer" was sitting right there "supervising"
That made me throw up in my mouth :(

Members online