Bubble? In ear

I was just petting my dog today and was playing with the ears and while I was petting I thought the ear was folder over but it wasn't! IT was a huge bubble inside the ear flap!

it is about 3 inches long and 3/4inch thick. What in the world could this be and what do I do about it? Maddie (dog) seems to find it painful when it is touched.

bubbatd

That's what is is.... years ago they just drained it on my golden..... but a few years ago EliN's Yogi had one and they stitched a piece of plastic on until healed.

Barb04

Super Moderator
My CJ had the same thing last year. She had to have surgery where they stitched (lots of stitches) a piece of some kind of material to the ear after they drained the blood. The many stitches they put in are used to form scar tissue to hold the ear flap together so another hematoma wouldn't appear. Animals can get this from an ear bite, shaking their head very hard, and some other things. So far CJ's ear has been fine since the surgery. It did cost approx. $518 for the surgery, but if it wasn't done, the problem could have become worse by swelling into the ear canal.

Members online