Canidae and the terrible poop

We might have a problem. Buster has been on Canidae for a month now, but the poop smells are only getting worse. Today he had an inside incident (human error) and you could smell it clear across the house. Even outside you want to be upwind. Still, he turns around and tries to eat it!

Thoughts?
1. The canidae is not sitting well? But, the actual poop is rather firm.
2. Its the poop eating that he is taken to, this can't be good for the smell, but could it cause it?

Other ideas? Course of action?

showpug

Poop smells, period! I know a lot of people claim "odorless" stools, but I have fed very high quality foods always and have yet to come across the so called odor free poop!

I imagine the poop eating (totally normal behavior by the way) could potentially make your dog's poop smell worse.

If your dog is doing well otherwise with firm poop I wouldn't switch foods. You may be dissapointed when you find the poop smelling bad on other brands too...;)

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Holly eats her poop no matter what we do. Some dogs just do. Also I agree with Showpug NOTHING is going to make poop not smell like...well poop! Holly's on Timberwolf and her poop smells. The other two dogs are on Canidae and their poop smells to. Even on a raw diet Hannah's poop still smelled. Poops gonna smell no matter where he does it or what he eats. If the poop itself is firm than I would just leave it at Canidae.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Yeah, it's gross smelling no matter what. When I was feeding raw the dogs still had smelly poop.

The only thing I found that reduced the smell was feeding a completely grain-free diet. But the poo still smelled.

I know all poop will smell some, but this is the worst I have smelt, except perhaps for when our old lab X was being fed the bad stuff ;) I promise you, for a smallish dog, it was bad!

I suppose I'll have to work on not letting him redigest it (harder than it seems) and let it be.

showpug

I know all poop will smell some, but this is the worst I have smelt, except perhaps for when our old lab X was being fed the bad stuff ;) I promise you, for a smallish dog, it was bad!

I suppose I'll have to work on not letting him redigest it (harder than it seems) and let it be.
I have the queen poop eater here at my house. She is so bad that I literally have to stand with the poop scoop under all the other dogs while they are going so she can't get to it. :rolleyes:

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
No matter what, I really think that all poop still has some kind of smell to it. The odor of my dogs' poop isn't bad, but it still isn't stink free :lol-sign:

fillyone

But please, call me Barb
Has the dog been to the vet?
Dante's poop smelled bad :yikes: bad when he had Giardia (Ask for the Antigen, much better test than the regular Giardia test)

Members online

No members online now.