Managing reactivity/dog aggression

Torch

I have a good friend who is dealing with some reactivity and aggression issues between her two bull breed mixes. I've been able to give her some pointers but I'm looking for specific resources and books that you all recommend. Double points if it's bull breed focused.

Thanks!

LMost

I have a good friend who is dealing with some reactivity and aggression issues between her two bull breed mixes. I've been able to give her some pointers but I'm looking for specific resources and books that you all recommend. Double points if it's bull breed focused.

Thanks!
I'd advise looking into a trainer.

My question is, is she confident enough to re-enforce that training and with the dogs.

Find a lot that lack the confidence with bully breeds, because half training is knowing you can do it and doing the training that needs to be done.

milos_mommy

Click to Calm would be my #1 recommendation, and depending on her experience, possibly a behaviorist.

BAT by Grisha Stewart is one I have always suggested to clients. Some of the exercises have been improved upon in recent years but it's still got a lot of great info on not only the training exercises but management and understanding thresholds and stimulus control.

I like the book more. I find she doesn't present well so the DVDs were boring for me. The book has photos, cartoons, and she writes in friendly layman's terms.

Members online

No members online now.