Is your dog more, less or equally as active as you?

Is your dog more or less active than you

• Way more

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Some what more

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Equal

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Some what less

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Way less

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Cheesecake

Votes: 8 14.0%

• Total voters

Red.Apricot

More.

When we go on hikes, she probably runs 2-3 times as far as I walk.

Right now, I'm sitting in a computer chair, and she's wandering around the house, doing her post-dinner inspection of everything.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Romeo is way less. If it was up to him we would lounge around all day lol
He is always up for a good walk.. but is IN NO WAY a running partner or as into running as I am.

I'm so down for a run or a game of fetch or tag but eh, he prefers his walks to remain casual and more about stopping to sniff and smell the roses than actual play

Paige

Let it be
Bandit and I are pretty even. He frolics around me quite a bit but I'm also carrying 40lb+ of gear and Briggs on me so I think he'd be less hyper if he had such a load to carry.

Xandra

Way more active. There's no question. He trots and runs circles around me. I have literally never exhausted that dog to the point it he doesn't. Gogogogogogogogogo. When I get my license (soon) I will take him hiking in the mountains, that's a better way of exercising him.

Toller_08

They're all more active than I am, but they all have good off switches and are easy to live with. They can go for hours, but none of them bug me for activity or exercise of any kind. They settle well, but are up and ready to go at a moment's notice. I like having high energy dogs, though... even if I'm not a go-go-go type of person. They keep me more active than I'd be otherwise, they're fun, and I just enjoy them. And all of the breeds I like are high energy breeds, so I don't really have much of a choice but to get out and do things with my dogs, haha. It'd be easy to get a big lazy dog who enjoys a walk here and there, but it really wouldn't be much fun for me.

Dogs6

Plus One
They're all more active than I am, but they all have good off switches and are easy to live with. They can go for hours, but none of them bug me for activity or exercise of any kind. They settle well, but are up and ready to go at a moment's notice. I like having high energy dogs, though... even if I'm not a go-go-go type of person. They keep me more active than I'd be otherwise, they're fun, and I just enjoy them. And all of the breeds I like are high energy breeds, so I don't really have much of a choice but to get out and do things with my dogs, haha. It'd be easy to get a big lazy dog who enjoys a walk here and there, but it really wouldn't be much fun for me.
This. Thank you for writing it out better than I could!!!

S

SevenSins

Mmm, cheesecake. What were we talking about? Oh. I guess it depends on which dog. My SBT is a little bit like... Well, try to imagine what would happen if you rolled a crack rock in sugar, dropped it into your morning pot of coffee and then a tiny rhinoceros came along and lapped up the crackrocksugarygoodness. Bear with me. I promise, I didn't partake in the aforementioned beverage. Probably.

Anyhoo... On the other end of the spectrum, there is a large black slug in the living room who has, for all intents and purposes, become a sofa with eyes.

I am somewhere in between; although being a man...I'm not going to lie, most of my dogs are probably, a little more active than I am. But that's why tennis balls were invented. :popcorn:

I say less because when were not doing "coco" things ie.walking and playing then she sleeps,whilst I will be busy doing other things or out again.
When she spends a whole day with me she has to find a place to nap/sleep at some point.I guess that is part of being a puppy.
She's not lazy though,when she's going she goes!Just she doesn't have a problem with lying under the duvets until that time!

I chose cheesecake because my real answer depends on which dog.

Wiggles is a 3 year old chihuahua/dachshund mix and while he loves going for a walk, he is just as happy finding a bed or couch to snuggle up in to be lazy all day. He does have moments where he will have a burst of energy, but it is short lived. When he gets that burst of energy, he will run around in circles in the house like he is running laps (which always sends all of us into a fit of giggles), then he will jump up on the couch or ottoman and fall asleep for a few hours.

Molly is a 9 month old pitbull and that girl has a lot of energy. She requires two walks a day that last no less than 45 minutes each while carrying a weighted backpack. Immediately after her walk, she wants to go outside in the backyard to play and run around. There are times when she is extremely full of energy, my husband will put her harness on her and take her for a run while he is riding his bicycle. Even after running her like that, she still will go play and run around in the backyard afterwards. You can always tell when she has been sufficiently worn out because after she eats her dinner she will end up sleeping the rest of the evening and through the night. It take a lot of exercise to get her to that point though.

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
Waaaaaay less. Sally is almost thirteen, so she is understandably slowing down physically. Seamus is just lazy. I am extremely active and like to walk or jog for at least a couple hours a day, and he hides whenever he sees the leash. I wanted to get Seamus involved in dog sports but he had absolutely zero interest. He would prefer to sleep all day. My next dog will be a high-energy breed that can keep up with my active lifestyle.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I picked cheesecake because my dogs just tend to adapt to what I'm doing - sometimes they are crazy active and hike 9 miles in the mountains happily, other times we spend 5 days straight only going out to potty and they're fine with that too! I love it!

kady05

They're all more active than I am, but they all have good off switches and are easy to live with. They can go for hours, but none of them bug me for activity or exercise of any kind. They settle well, but are up and ready to go at a moment's notice. I like having high energy dogs, though... even if I'm not a go-go-go type of person. They keep me more active than I'd be otherwise, they're fun, and I just enjoy them.
That's my 3 in a nutshell! Can go, go, go, but will sleep almost all day if I let them.

SaraB

Zuma and I are equally active, she goes everywhere with me. We both seem to have the same want and desire to hike and train. I'm sure she could go for a bit longer than me but she hasn't complained yet!

Classic and I are equally active when he's on his anxiety meds. Off of the them, he's nuts and never stops moving. I always think it's hilarious that my BC mix has a much better off-switch than my Great Dane.

k9krazee

I first read this as 'less or equally attractive as you' :p

Jack and I are pretty equal energy-wise, he's a good running, biking, hiking, rollerblading partner but is just as content cuddling on the couch all day. Kyra is probably the most active dog we have, she is constantly on the go. When the other dogs are napping she's hoarding toys and throwing tennis balls at your feet.

CaliTerp07

Way, way more. If she doesn't get an hour of hard core exercise a day, she's a hard core pain in the butt when I'm trying to get work done in the evenings.

Members online

No members online now.