the Art of a tail

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Art has such an expressive tail! I have never seen a dog with such expression in his tail.

If his tail is not curled and limply laying their he is seriously tired/exhuasted.

If it is tucked obviously he is scared.

His tail will fluff out into a big mess of hairs at one point if he get's too irritated/excited. Like if another dog is pushing him around his tail will get this fluff like needles sticking out just like his withers do and he will tell the dog off.

His tail also get's into a real tight curl if he is excited/happy. It will curl to be one and a fourth complete circle, where it's normally a complete circle.

His tail is his mood ring ;) lol :rofl1:

What is your dogs most expressive part of it's body?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Summer is her eyes by far. She has huge brown eyes that just are almost cartoonish in how expressive they are.

Although paps do have very expressive tails too. They curl over their backs some of the time, but they hold them all sorts of weird ways.

misfitz

Ruddy Buttinski
Sienna has a very expressive tail as well! She's part Sheltie, and part spitz, I think, because her tail has the full range of motion! When she's happy she holds it curled over her back like a Pomeranian. Her normal relaxed tail is held level with her back and wags slightly. When she's tired or 'blah' she holds it down like a Sheltie. When she's getting attention, she'll curl her body, and she smacks herself in the face with her wagging tail, LOL. It's tucked when she's scared. And when she sleeps, she curls up like a fox and uses her tail as a pillow. Before I had her, I'd never seen a dog that could do the spitz tail and also the Sheltie tail! She can't fluff out the hairs like Art can, though (like a cat!) It sounds very cute!

Dreeza

Oakley's tail is def expressive....when he is disappointed, it drops, which breaks my heart!!!

His ears are more expressive though...I mean, they are like 2 friggin radars on the top of his head...I can totally tell his mood by loooking at them

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Ares - his eyes say everything and then some.
Morgan - it's her ears that give away what she's feeling.
Tyr - the eyes,ears and tail are all pretty equal.

As far as Tyr's tail goes, when he's interested in something, it sticks out parallel to the ground at the base and then drops straight down, when he's happy, it's up and curled over his back, when he's focused it's down and relaxed with a little outwards curl at the bottom, and when he's trying to fly his tail spins in a circle. :lol-sign:

Nyx - it's the ears and eyes, although she doesn't realize how expressive they are.

For both Teeny and Blue DEFINITELY their eyes. Teeny's entire face, really, is so expressive. For Isis it's definitely her ears.

milos_mommy

Milo's tail is the same way. It's not much of a tail, but 99% of the time it's wagging, either slowly if he's thinking or regularly all the time or super fast if he's happy/excited/playing.

He's very expressive, though, one glance and you know entirely how he feels.

Amanda885

I would definitely have to say my mini schnauzer Batmans ears! they are huuuuge! they move around all the time if you call him different names, and they can stick straight up or flop right down..i love them so much! aha..definitely his best feature! so glad that they are oversized and not cropped. :)

Members online

No members online now.