What does it mean when your dog pees on you?

J's crew

Hmmmm......my dogs have never peed on anyone. BUT, one of them peed on someones towels and beach bag at the beach. :rolleyes:
I felt horrible but thankfully the lady was a good sport. :p

I see this ALL the time at dog shows when dogs are waiting to enter the ring. They are always peeing on the person holding their lead LOL! Half of the time the handler doesn't even notice.

It's a dog's way of claiming territory.

I was peed on once by my Great Dane :yikes: He and my male pug were big time enemies and before I started separating them permanantley, I had them both in the room with me. I was sitting on the floor talking on the phone when my dane looked at my pug and then walked up and hiked his leg and peed all over me. I jumped as it startled me and he just looked at me like "oh my, did I just do what I think I did?" Guess he really wanted to show my pug who I belonged to!!!

Oh my :lol-sign: Great danes can have alot in there to hehe. I would of rather had the pug pee on me instead if I had a choice :D

Did he get banished after that incident or what :D

showpug

Oh my :lol-sign: Great danes can have alot in there to hehe. I would of rather had the pug pee on me instead if I had a choice :D

Did he get banished after that incident or what :D
Nope, he got banished some time later after he picked my pug up by his neck and shook him like a rag doll. :yikes: Needless to say, they just didn't get along!

And yes, Great Danes have A LOT of pee in them!

Dreeza

Heheh . . . Purdue, my first GSD, would pee on my Dad's leg if he yelled at me ;)
ROFL, that is funny!!!

I got peed on by Oakley's friend, the basset hound, at the place he was being boarded...it was sick.

It was just excitement reasons though, i was told. The dog wasnt exactly potty trained, and peed whenever it got excited...

StillandSilent

On the subject of peeing, what does it mean when a dog pees on another dog? One of our shelter dogs walked over to two puppies in an X-pen and hiked his leg on both of them. Naughty thing.

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
theres a dog at work named Teddy. Every day for the first two weeks i worked there he would hike his leg and pee on me :(

EliNHunter

I'd say that's a big-ole-case of "I'll show you what I think!" LOL. Dogs that pee on people are obviously giving their best at showing what they think. Their trying to dominate and show there's a misconception (in their mind) as to who's the culprit, or who's the alpha when they want to be. I think it's in defense of when they're out of their element of being a lowly, domesticated "dog" in the population of humans. It's a pecking order thing. I'm not a dog psycholgist, but I know dogs, so take it at what it's worth. I think a dog that does this is frustrated and that's their innate nature to do something about it!!! But you got to love them all the same and adjust YOUR behaviour to figure out the problem.

lol, thats funny. no offence, but, I think it is funny, I don't think her dog likes her.

JFrick

None of mine have ever peed on me or anyone else. Bruzer, our pug, in all his brainy wisdom, pees in his food bowl. At least he's smart enough to wait til he's done eating. :)
I used to have a mutt that would do that too........everyday after he'd eat, he'd pee on his food bowl.

Nope, he got banished some time later after he picked my pug up by his neck and shook him like a rag doll. :yikes: Needless to say, they just didn't get along!

And yes, Great Danes have A LOT of pee in them!
Poor cute pug, I hope there was no vet visit?

I guess that is he fear or living with a very large dog and small dogs, if they do no get along its pretty dangerous to the smaller dog.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Sawyer has peed on me twice...both were within days of each other and both I believe were him trying to "claim" me against other dogs. The first time he did it was because Smkie's Victor was wanting attention and the second time was in a large group of dogs all wanting attention as well.

I made him go sit a ways away from me while I petted the other dogs anyway. He hasn't done it since.

little liz

little liz
my pup has never done that other than out of excitement LOL. She used to piddle on everyones feet who came to visit when we first got her. She does mark everywhere we go in the park though, just like a male dog! I even caught her peeing over a big pile of dog-doo with one leg up the othe day tee hee. It was obviously too high to squat over.

Members online