TeaCup Chi

I had three emails today alone for the soooo called " Mini Pug" or Tea cup Pug" I try to be polite and inform folks that responsible breeders breed pugs within the standard of 14-18 lbs (which is small enough for me) and they have enough problems without making it worse by the " Mini" craze. Since i breed my pugs to be within breed standard... i do not have or sell Mini pugs...
I did find a ad in the local paper for a Mini pug so i called it, and it was a peke-chi cross being sold as a "rare AKC mini pug". It takes all kinds.

Tanya

Khristine

i don't think ALL small dogs serve one purpose of being a fashion accessory.. my two SMALL pups are my companions.. they keep me happy, healthy and alive. Yes I may buy a carrier and put one in there, and the other in my purse, but i don't parade them around like i'm paris hilton... people don't even know i have a pup in my purse/carrier.. they just look at me like why am i carrying two bags.. :confused:

I do feel bad for those that do breed t-cup puppies. Although Oreo started out as a t-cup size and was only 1 pound at 8 weeks with his brush with death, i've nursed him well enough that he's on his way to a regular toy size yorkie. He's healthy and I have no regrets for getting a small dog, two at that. :eek:

I love my small dogs, just as much as i love big dogs and sometimes i do get offended when people think of small dogs as only a fashion accessory.

Ash47

Taco Dog
Khristine,
No one thinks of your dogs as only a "fashion accessory." It's just that Paris Hilton and the likes of her do carry them around as though they are just a purse or stuffed animal. I too have a small dog and I carry her around with me. I would do the same with Precious and Spud if I could, but they are too big. I did carry Precious around until she just got too big for me to hold. But I never thought of her as "my newest fashion statement."
We know that you aren't one of these kinds of people Khristine, because if you didn't love your dogs as they are, then why would you have joined this board? :)

Khristine

I know, i didn't mean to sound hasty.. but a lot of people been treating me and my pups like some sort of fashion accessory..

especially a girl that used to be my buddy.. i told her i want to spay my kids as soon as i can.. she totally had a hissy fit and told me to let them make babies and make "teacups" ones at that..

she told me that she wanted me to have puppies and she'd keep one puppy and stuff it in her purse and that was all she'd use the puppy for .. to "look cool"!! :eek:

mind you she already has 4 shih tzu's and breeds them regularly.. back yard breeder :( .. i told her if she wanted to be a breeder.. be responsible at least.. and give the puppies the care they need.. but last litter all of them died.. i hope she learned her lesson this time around! and other people who just want my kids to have babies to put in their purse... but i know that they are not responsible people.. because they have given their dogs away when they got to be be too much to care for... sorry for the rant!! really i'm not a mean person!

Khristine dear, if you were a mean person you wouldn't care what happened to your puppies - or all those other puppies! You're a responsible person who CARES.

You should see the looks I get sometimes when I take mine places with me. I figure I can take my dogs anyplace someone can take a little dog. Of course, I don't take them anywhere their tails might cost me a fortune in breakage, lol! I run into people who give me nasty looks and make cracks, but I also meet people who like the idea that someone takes their big dogs places where only the Teensies typically tread. ;)

Hmmm . . . Filas as fashion accessories . . . ROFL!

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
Renee750il said:
Khristine dear, if you were a mean person you wouldn't care what happened to your puppies - or all those other puppies! You're a responsible person who CARES.

You should see the looks I get sometimes when I take mine places with me. I figure I can take my dogs anyplace someone can take a little dog. Of course, I don't take them anywhere their tails might cost me a fortune in breakage, lol! I run into people who give me nasty looks and make cracks, but I also meet people who like the idea that someone takes their big dogs places where only the Teensies typically tread. ;)

Hmmm . . . Filas as fashion accessories . . . ROFL!

Renee, it could catch on you know? They are adorable dogs and just THINK about how many bags of clothes those girls could carry for you while you shopped! :D

Ah, yes, the perfect accessory to balance out an ensemble . . . a Teacup Chihuahua in your Prada bag and a Kegger Fila to accent your Manolos . . . The fawn coat is the new black, and the black coat is the classic black, but the true fashionista is brave enough to go with the reverse brindle. :D

One thing, walking with a Fila sure makes your butt look smaller . . .

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
ROFL ! Renee, you are my new favorite person! :D haha. I just have this funny image in my head of paris hilton trying to control one of the girls and go shopping in a high fashion store. Something tells me she'd be more like Cruella Deville and just want the filas for their gorgeous coats then their awesome personalities. I am sure the reason she has a tiny chi is so she has yet another innocent creature to control with her stupidity. :rolleyes: sigh. The fila thing though, the kegger fila, that's awesome renee. :D

Members online

No members online now.