i also dont know how to train him to...
-stop when i say "no"
-go to the door when he has to pee
-stop biting everything and everyone when i or they say "no bite"
-give me what he has when i say "give me"
-know that "bad" means bad
-know that "good" means good

:( lot's of things!!!

First you have to consider how old your puppy is. If he's still a baby, you can't expect too much at once. Try concentrating on one behavior at a time, maybe for just 3-5 minutes at a time.

Reinforce "good" behavior with praise and petting, and even treats on occasion.

Discourage "bad" behavior by ignoring him if he doesn't stop; then when he does, praise him and pet him.

Also, make sure he has plenty of chew toys, maybe even a few squeaky toys and have them handy when he bites. Puppies need to chew; they gnaw their littermates, their mothers and anyone they consider part of their pack. Just try to turn the chewing to his toys. It won't always work, but you can discourage most of the more painful biting.

Remember, some dogs are more stubborn than others - like us. Shiva is 4 1/2 months old and is getting most of her adult teeth in and it's almost impossible to keep her from biting and gnawing on us, even with scads of squeaky toys and chew toys at hand.

I've also noticed that small dogs seem to be more difficult to house train than large dogs. I've never really had one I had to house train; when they've gotten mature enough to be able to recognize the urge to go before it takes over, they've just naturally asked to go outside. Someone else can probably give you better advice on that. I've also relied heavily on my older dogs to teach the young ones. They've been much better teachers than I am.

Over all, you just need to figure out what your puppy responds best to and use that as a tool to encourage the behavior you want him to exhibit. Good luck!

Try using hand signals to re-enforce what you want him to do. Dogs are like people and respond differently to different methods of training. It could be that your dog needs visual signals to stimulate him.
This worked for me with all of my dogs, past and present, but be sure to keep the signals simple or you will confuse your pup and as well as the hand ssignals be sure to use the verbal command.
And try to keep verbal commands down to one word where possible.
For example "sit" instead of sit down, "down" instead of lie downand use "no" ass a general command for when you want him to stop something.
Also be sure to use an appropriate tone of voice for the command you are giving.
Because dogs don't understand all that we say, we have to make it clear using our tone of voice.
If you are rewarding him make sure you sound excited about it and when he's bad be stern.
I hope you have as much luck with this technique as i have.

for the biting things... if he bites you say NO firmly, the second he stops say YES or whatever your target word is and give him a toy to play with and tug and chew on that all he wants. idk hope that helps!

Members online