How to stuff a kong.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Here, I came across this website from another forum. I thought Id share just in case someone is looking for Kong ideas or anything!

KongStuffing

There! And share anything you do with your own Kongs!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I put a few pieces of dry kibble in the bottom, pack a couple spoonfuls of canned food, some yogurt, more dry kibble and then pack the top with more canned food. Stick it in the freezer... and you have doggy ice cream. I give a frozen kong to Bamm before I leave for work in the morning.

mrose_s

BusterLove
Thanks, at the moment I've been doing Cat biscuits in the bottom then some peanut butter aroudn the edges... doesn't last them terribly long.

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
I love kong stuffing. It's a fine art :)

Whatever I seem to have around finds it's way into the kong. Yogurt, benny bullies, kibble, peanut butter, canned food, jerky treats (especially the soft ones), biscuits, cheese, fruit, veggies, leftovers, whatever!

Layered and frozen, of course. That way it lasts a LOOOONG time!

One thing that I do is...

1. Take Natural Balance Rolls (any meaty treats will work) and chop them up into small bits.
2. Mix that up in a bowl with dry dog food.
3. Add water to the bowl and mix well.
4. Take Kong and turn it upside down (small end down) in a cup.
5. Spoon/pour food mixture into Kong.
6. Freeze.

Takes them anywheres from 1 to 3 hours to clean it all out!

If you use the Natural Balance and the dry food, then it's actually pretty healthy...

mrose_s

BusterLove
I did Macs last night :)

cat biscuits, peanut butter, more bikkies, cooked mince and oval, a salmon treat froxen in, stickingout the end. Can't wait to try it out!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I've discovered that a little cheese mashed into the bottom, stuff some dry kibble, pour in some beef boullion soup, freeze... then top with some peanut butter and a chicken evo biscuit and freeze again is a winner with Bamm.... I've never seen a happier dog.

Today he has peanut butter with carrots and a biscuit... in fact, he's enjoying it right now. Gotta go get some plain yogurt today

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I done a combination of: PB, carrots, kibble, eggs, cheese.

Now, I tried what Nol suggested in putting an egg in the kong then microwaving it. Yeah, don't do that. It exploded. :p

milos_mommy

^ eggs and microwaves are highly dangerous unless you know EXACTLY what you're doing :p

i want to try the scrambley egg one.

houndlove

coonhound crazy
Here's my Deluxe Ecstatic Dogs Kong Recipe:

In my stand mixer I mix up the following

--Bone marrow scooped out of the raw bones I give
--Grated Natural Balance roll (just grated on a cheese grater)
--Plain full fat yogurt
--Peanut Butter
--Can of water-backed sardines

A couple table spoons of this mixed with Kibble and frozen over night is extremely popular. I also use this to re-fill old marrow bones and freeze.

I finally bought a Kong today and also some plain yogurt. I read this thread for how to do it and then I improvised..

I soaked some kibble and the Kong liver treat that came with it in a little bit of water and mashed it up.. then I added a little bit of plain yogurt and stirred it up.. then some leftover goetta (ground turkey/turkey sausage/oatmeal mixture) and a little bit of Mighty Dog. I didn't layer or anything, I might try that next time, I just stirred it all up.

It's in the freezer now. I can't wait to give it to her. Are these things messy?

Members online

No members online now.