Can Someone help? Potty training (not responsive)

Hello! I have a 6 week old puppy i am trying to potty train, the problem is when i take her out and she goes potty i praise her but she doesn't respond, no tail wagging at me nothing, almost as if she ignores me, and she still has accidents in the house. What am i doing wrong???

emc

You're not doing anything wrong. A 6 week old puppy is very young and you can't expect much from it. Just keep taking her to the same spot to do her stuff and keep rewarding and praising her when she does. In a couple of weeks she will start to get in the habit of going her business in the place you take her to. In the mean time don't let her have the run of the house without you closely watching, the less accidents she has the faster she will get housebroken.
-------------------------
http://waterart.50webs.com

Thank you guys ever so much!!! I thought i was failing at trying to train her! You guys have lifted my spirits!! Thank you!! She has went potty outside more than she's had accidents, i think her previous owners just let her do it anywhere but i'll keep doing what i'm doing and hopefully she'll get it down pat soon! Thanks again! You guys have made me very happy ( i know i'm a sap) :)

Doberluv

Check out the thread in the training forum....up on top. It has a blue thumbtack by it. (a sticky) It's called something like potty training without being mean....(or something like that) There are some good posts in there...tips to help.

Your pup is so young that she isn't even to that higher degree of responsiveness yet. Give her a couple of weeks and she'll start wagging and getting more responsive. Take a tiny treat like a piece of string cheese (pea sized) with you and offer her that the second she finishes going to the bathroom and praise her how she likes it. If she's not an exuberant pup, give her quiet, loving praise. If she gets to be more goofy, at that point, you can make your praise more playful. Just prevent accidents inside by constant supervision and using your crate. Good luck. She'll be fine. It takes time....average 6 months.

Thanks so much! She's actually doing alot better! She's catching on quick, She hasn't had an accident today except for one little tinkle in the house, all the other times she would whine at the door. So far so good.

Members online

No members online now.