The dog musing/vent thread

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Dogs are surprising creatures. I was sure after last week that Mia would be awful and summer would rock. Instead summer was totally not together and Mia got first place and a Q for our first run. Go figure.

BostonBanker

Dogs are surprising creatures. I was sure after last week that Mia would be awful and summer would rock. Instead summer was totally not together and Mia got first place and a Q for our first run. Go figure.
Dogs like to mess with us. Congrats on the Q! Video??

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Omg jumpers was awful for both. Neither ran at all. I think my first trial spoiled me. Everything went so well.

I do have video of gamblers when I get home.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I've started making Cynder sleep in a crate at night and when I'm gone, to avoid any more poo accidents on the floor. (Although her stools are normal now...don't really know why they were semi soft when we had the accidents.) She's not impressed with the situation. I thought giving her more padding in the crate might make it better for her, so I put down a bed pillow (one of my good new ones at that...) and covered it with a blanket. And sure enough, when I went to put her in the crate she had this completly disdained look on her face until I set her on the pillow. Then she was like, "Oh. This isn't so bad." LOL

Silly dog.

I'm picking up a bigger crate for her on Wednesday so she can have a bit more room. (Yey for craigslist!) She fits in the one I have, but if she were to regurge she'd be sitting in it, and that wouldn't be no good...

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
We had "introduction to agility" tonight at the basic obedience class I'm in with Abrams. He had So. Much. Fun. We just did a short barrel, two small jumps, and a short ramp going up to what I believe was the pause box...but he had the time of his LIFE. So much so that every time we circled around and walked by the ramp/pause box he had to walk up the rump and then sit on the box. :lol-sign: He even tried to run through one of the big tunnels and climb up the catwalk when we walked by, too.

Definitely has my interest spiked, especially seeing how much fun he had. Maybe some agility classes will be in our future?

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I am watching "doggie nightmares" CM's new show and I can't believe the stupidity of people when it comes to dogs ... I just can't. This one episode was a family who wanted another dog for their FOUR year old, and they had a one year old ... WTF? Not only that, but they were totally insensitive to the poor dog once they got I home, I couldn't even watch it: the dog had house training issues and they just threw him outside ... Poor dog, I felt.

So many ppl have so much insensitivity to these poor dogs, they don't even think to treat the dog like a puppy when they first come home, many have never been house trained.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
I might actually destroy this Airedale puppy. J/K of course, but actually. His owner is doing crap all with training him and then he comes here and I have to be the one to kennel train him and train the thing commands. Right now he is in a kennel by the door screaming his head off because he just came inside from being outside in the snow.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Rowan isn't feeling well :( He got me up 3x last night to go outside and have runny poop. Came home and he had diarrhea in the house. He's acting like he feels like crap, too. I think it's the food I was trying to switch him on to, although I've been doing it VERY slowly, and it's the one he ate for a year before he got on this current brand. I thought it might be a bad bag of food, but Mr. Sensitive Tummy Riff is doing just fine on the switch. Regardless, I'm stopping giving it to Rowan and giving him pumpkin. Hopefully that will help him to feel better. My poor baby.

Toller_08

It is a little ridiculous how excited I am about the new pajamas I ordered for the Dobermans haha. Even though they really, really didn't need new ones. But these ones are the Grinch and super cute. I can hardly wait! But I have to, cause they probably won't get here for at least about a month.

Rowan isn't feeling well :( He got me up 3x last night to go outside and have runny poop. Came home and he had diarrhea in the house. He's acting like he feels like crap, too. I think it's the food I was trying to switch him on to, although I've been doing it VERY slowly, and it's the one he ate for a year before he got on this current brand. I thought it might be a bad bag of food, but Mr. Sensitive Tummy Riff is doing just fine on the switch. Regardless, I'm stopping giving it to Rowan and giving him pumpkin. Hopefully that will help him to feel better. My poor baby.
I hope Rowan feels better soon! I dealt with that with one of my dogs a few weeks ago and it's not fun at all.

Missing my dogs today. Deke, Ranger, Copper, Shadow...

:(
I'm sorry. :-(

FG167

It is a little ridiculous how excited I am about the new pajamas I ordered for the Dobermans haha. Even though they really, really didn't need new ones. But these ones are the Grinch and super cute. I can hardly wait! But I have to, cause they probably won't get here for at least about a month.
Same here! Ordered alien pajamas for Limit, cannot wait! :)

StillandSilent

Where do you guys buy jammies? I've found a place onetsy with cute ones, but chaz feedback is always good.

Shaman is getting chilly, and I need to bite the bullet and order some. I just know that the minute I do he'll have that growth spurt he's been threatening for a few weeks :rolleyes:

Paviche

Duuuuude.
I hope Rowan feels better soon! I dealt with that with one of my dogs a few weeks ago and it's not fun at all.
Thank you! Having a sick dog is one of the worst feelings ever, even if it's not something serious. There's only so much you can do for them :( and they look SO sad. Luckily, he's feeling a lot better today! He's having solid poops and is much more alert and happy. We went to the dog park and he ran around like a wild man. Fingers crossed that he sleeps through the night now!

Toller_08

Where do you guys buy jammies? I've found a place onetsy with cute ones, but chaz feedback is always good.

Shaman is getting chilly, and I need to bite the bullet and order some. I just know that the minute I do he'll have that growth spurt he's been threatening for a few weeks :rolleyes:
I've never ordered from this company before now, but she's a member of another dog forum and super nice. Madebymeadowcat is what her business is called. She has a FB page. They look really nice. The other place I bought their other ones from is no longer in business.

Kootenay

Onyx is awesome.

Yesterday I was walking down by the river and Onyx and Yarrow were playing tug/run around like crazy with one of my leashes (yeah, yeah), and then Yarrow went to have a drink and dropped it in the water and it sunk. It was freezing cold and windy and the water was all stirred up so I just left it there.

Today we were walking down there again and I took Onyx out to approximately where we'd lost it and pointed and said "go get your toy!" and she instantly waded in there, fished around for a while (she had to stick her head all the way under the water), and then found it and brought it to me. Good girl saved me having to find it!

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Onyx is awesome.

Yesterday I was walking down by the river and Onyx and Yarrow were playing tug/run around like crazy with one of my leashes (yeah, yeah), and then Yarrow went to have a drink and dropped it in the water and it sunk. It was freezing cold and windy and the water was all stirred up so I just left it there.

Today we were walking down there again and I took Onyx out to approximately where we'd lost it and pointed and said "go get your toy!" and she instantly waded in there, fished around for a while (she had to stick her head all the way under the water), and then found it and brought it to me. Good girl saved me having to find it!
Hahaha, AWESOME!

If we're outside, I don't even bother looking for a ball to throw. I just tell Ozzy to "Go get your ball!" and he'll search until he finds one.

It's also funny for me to throw his tennis ball into a pile of tennis balls and he'll bring me back the exact ball that I threw, it doesn't matter if I've touched every single one of them or not.

Members online

No members online now.