The Venting Thread

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
You guys realize that at this point it's a bunch of piling on nolu. Even if you're referring to a group of people rather than just nolu, you're quoting her and directing it at her, so... there's kind of some irony involved here...

Personally I wish everybody would leave DD alone and quit quoting her since ignore doesn't work on quotes which blows.
So, if you see someone being bullied by a number of people to the point that it makes multiple posters uncomfortable (and mods have stepped in a times I believe), nothing should be said about it? If DD was one of your friends would you be cool with people treating her like this?

IMHO there difference between people picking on one individual person's posts for fun, and others saying to those people "hey, this is mean, we don't like it, please stop."

Most of her posts lately seem to involve taking an interest in people's posts and trying to be positively involved (and this is coming from someone who does not always agree with her).

Last edited:

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
There is a critter of some sort in our attic ... I don't know what it is, I don't hear it all the time but its made me afraid to go in the attic now :eek:. I hope it's not a rat, we already have one of those living in the con-ex box we keep the goat feed in

Grab

I was at work all day, then just got home only to be called back for an emergency (it's my first of four on call nights in a row). It was a three hour ordeal since the dog had a broken leg and some horrific lacerations. Got home, just finished dinner and now I realized I'm nearly out of milk and there will be a crabby small human in the morning if I don't make a store run.

Wah.

IMHO there difference between people picking on one individual person's posts for fun, and others saying to those people "hey, this is mean, we don't like it, please stop."
Agreed.

And, just to be clear, I saw nothing wrong with the DD post that seems to have started this particular debate. But I have a terribly inappropriate sense of humor, too. Then again, no one has ever jumped down my throat for it either...

Most of her posts lately seem to involve taking an interest in people's posts and trying to be positively involved (and this is coming from someone who does not always agree with her).
Yes and yes. Internet communities have a tendency to police themselves as far as tone and behavior, and people saying "I don't like this behavior" isn't the same as personally picking on someone.

And, just to be clear, I saw nothing wrong with the DD post that seems to have started this particular debate. But I have a terribly inappropriate sense of humor, too. Then again, no one has ever jumped down my throat for it either...
And yes. The reaction to the actual post in question baffled me more than a little bit. Honestly DD drives me batty at times and Lord knows I've argued (at times vehemently) with her about numerous individual posts or issues but to just pick out a seemingly random and innocuous post was some kind of weird drive-by counterattack-to-an-attack-that-wasn't. :confused:

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
So, if you see someone being bullied by a number of people to the point that it makes multiple posters uncomfortable (and mods have stepped in a times I believe), nothing should be said about it? If DD was one of your friends would you be cool with people treating her like this?
I'm not sure how pointing out the irony of complaining about bullying turning into bullying became "nothing should be said." At this point it's a bunch of YEAH NOLU YOU ARE SOOOO MEAN.
I haven't seen a mod step in, but I'm really not that obsessed with anybody on this board that I go following them around to see what's going on in every post. But if it's so bad mods SHOULD be stepping in, shouldn't you guys report every post you see as people bullying DD? They can then mod-slap nolu if they think she's breaking rules. One of them actually lives near her so she can slap her in person if she wants.

As I said in my previous post, I wish the entire board would just stop. I put her on ignore and it's blissful. Everybody should experience the same bliss and lack of rising blood pressure.
But as it happens, nolu IS one of my friends, and no, I'm not cool with people treating her like this - so I'm going to say something. Why is it okay to say something in defense of DD but not in defense of nolu? Again, more irony.

You've said your piece - multiple people have - so move on now instead of repeatedly harping on it. Otherwise you're not behaving any better than people are claiming nolu is behaving. She's been singled out and piled on. I guess if that makes you feel cool, rock on bros. Peace out.

I
But as it happens, nolu IS one of my friends, and no, I'm not cool with people treating her like this - so I'm going to say something. Why is it okay to say something in defense of DD but not in defense of nolu? Again, more irony.
It IS ok for you to say something in defense of nolu. And then it's ok for other people to respond. It's a public space where everyone is entitled to their opinion, and then everyone else is entitled to their opinions OF those opinions.

But ask yourself... what are you defending? People are objecting to nolu's behavior, not her worth as a person. Do you really not see a difference between turning a random post into an opportunity for some personal insults and saying "whoa, I don't like what you just did there"?

And, as I have said in some infamous arguments WITH DD (breastfeeding etc), just because multiple people have the same opinion it doesn't make something a dogpile. It's just... multiple people having the same opinion and expressing it.

You've said your piece - multiple people have - so move on now instead of repeatedly harping on it.
Aheheh. Also ironic.

DJEtzel

I got paid one of the biggest checks ever Thursday.

And I must spend it all on bills. :mad:
I feel ya there. I'm excited for/dreading the first of November. My biggest paycheck ever, too. Should have about $1300, and aside from filling up my gas tank, the rest is going to bills and paying down loans. le sigh.

At least that means I'll be able to start saving soon, right? :rolleyes:

Taqroy

I received a crochet hook instead of my knitting needles AGAIN. Wtf. Zoom, I hope you want one of these because I have no use for two of them.

ETA: Oh wait, maybe they want this one back. Amazon, you're so fickle.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I thought you meant that you woke up and puked in the ferret cage.
I was like **** RIGHT POOR ELLA THATS SO MEAN WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?! lol

but seriously, hope she feels better!
Totally how I read it too. :rofl1: Sorry Jess. Hope it's a one-time sick and Ella is feeling better!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I thought you meant that you woke up and puked in the ferret cage.
I was like **** RIGHT POOR ELLA THATS SO MEAN WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?! lol

but seriously, hope she feels better!
Totally how I read it too. :rofl1: Sorry Jess. Hope it's a one-time sick and Ella is feeling better!
:rofl1: omg. I most definitely haven't done that!

With the way my year has been going pet-wise, I'm going to call the vet shortly and take her in. She's been obviously feeling yucky for a nearly two weeks, and now with vomiting, I want to be sure it's nothing serious. *sigh*

noludoru

Bored Now.
One of them actually lives near her so she can slap her in person if she wants.
She wouldn't. She knows I'd like it. :(

:rofl1: omg. I most definitely haven't done that!

With the way my year has been going pet-wise, I'm going to call the vet shortly and take her in. She's been obviously feeling yucky for a nearly two weeks, and now with vomiting, I want to be sure it's nothing serious. *sigh*
You have the worst possible luck with pets. I don't understand it. :(

Tons of vibes for Ella, though.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I F***ING HATE ios7!!!!!

Seriously F**K OFF AND DIE!!!!!

Screw you stupid apple. I hate you!!!! I didn't buy an ipad for you to go and RUIN it!!!!!! Aaaarrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whhhhhhyyyyyy!!!!!!???!!!!??!?!!!!!!

In other news, I think I'm a bit hormonal.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I F***ING HATE ios7!!!!!

Seriously F**K OFF AND DIE!!!!!

Screw you stupid apple. I hate you!!!! I didn't buy an ipad for you to go and RUIN it!!!!!! Aaaarrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whhhhhhyyyyyy!!!!!!???!!!!??!?!!!!!!

In other news, I think I'm a bit hormonal.
My iPhone has been flagging me to update my IOS ... But I am judging by that post that may not be a good idea. The only reason I haven't is I haven't been Anywhere with wifi ... Which brings me to another gripe about apple ... Why would you make it so your software updates only work with wifi???

Evil companies :wall:

Members online

No members online now.