Chazzers who have been pregnant

Romy

Taxiderpy
Did your dogs act differently while you were expecting? How so?

Before we knew I was pregnant I noticed Strider being super duper snuggly and extra clingy. He stays around me all the time because he's my service dog, but at home generally gives me "space". Like, he'll go lay in front of the door or in the next room.

Now he's like Must. Be. Touching. At. All. Times. It's really weird. And he's acting extremely snuggly which is also weird. He's never been a cuddly dog. He likes being petted and sitting next to people, but he never tried getting in anyone's lap or curling up next to them.

Now he'll shove his head in my lap, or shove his head in my armpit, or under my knees, wherever he can fit it. lol. Then he wiggles and snuggles until he's as close as possible. When we counted back to the probable conception date, his behavior change falls within about a week of that.

Kaia is the same, but I don't think it's possible for her to be more cuddly. She oozes onto my lap constantly and is a huge leaner/snuggler.

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
Sheena, my service dog, became the same way you describe with my two sons. She would never let me out of her site and was so close in the house that I was sometimes stripping over her. Drove me nuts at times. lol

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I don't really know... when we got both dogs I was already pregnant (although when we got Belle I didn't know yet that I was pregnant).

when I got into the later stages of pregnancy Belle would always lay with her head on my belly when we were on the couch but that's the only thing I can think of... but at the time I didnt' know if that was different or normal for her because I'd always been pregnant since we had gotten her.

Members online

No members online now.