Tundra and the Baby chicks

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Since I don't talk about her much and I have requests for a Tundra story here is one. :D

When i got Tundra from the shelter she was the absolute opposite of Zeus. Zeus when rescued he was shy, scared, reserved and took a good year and a halph to turn him into a happy dog. Tundra had had a bad life but it did'nt phase her she was a puppy who could bounce back :). Tundra has never been one to socialize she likes and gets along with the other dogs but really takes to spending time alone or with me she's not one to run around for no reason. Well when she was about 8-9 months old she had come into this I wondered about it but did'nt worry she still seemed a rather happy dog. One day my dad called up and said Dave (the guy who sells us our organic meat for the dogs) had called up and wanted to know if my parents or myself would want some chicks. I really did'nt want a bunch of chicks soon to be chickens running around here but I agreed to take three. I kept them out of the yard in a shakshift pen next to Topics shed/stall. Tundra took to jumping he fence and lounging next to the chicken coope and watching the chicks play.

Well grew and I don't like eggs or anything so I figured I would just sell them. Not that I did'nt like them they were just pointless for me to own and I knew they could'nt be happy. Once the chicks grew into almost full grown chickens I started letting them out of the pen more since the dogs stay in the fenced in area of my property. Tundra still though babysat her chicken friends sometimes she would just lay there and let the chickens peck at her or climb on her. They had no fear of her and she never even barked at them let alone growl. No matter Tundra's love for the chickens i still could'nt keep them and so I sold them to an older women who lives a few miles away she has the room and doesent own any other pets and likes eggs. So the chickens left and Tundra was left to lazing around by her self. She would look around the yard trying to decide wether to go into the fenced in yard or go see her chickens. It took her about 4 visits to the pen to realize they were gone. i felt bad but what else could I do ?

Just anouther example that Pitbulls are far from bad dogs :).

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Awww, What a sweet girl Tundra is!! :D We had a horse called Dillon once who had a Pigeon lay eggs in the straw in his stable! He would blow on the eggs to keep them warm when the mother wasn't there, and he was very possesive over his chicks!! :D it's so cute!! :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
wish u had a pic of Tundra with the chickens..what a site that must have been..shame she couldn't keep them. that was just sweet! :)

Members online

No members online now.