BEHOLD MY GLORIOUS PALACE!! oh and help lol

Fran101

Resident fainting goat

ok... so it's a tiny studio :rofl1:
but it's full of potential and it's right on a park and hardwood and the building used to be this classic old hotel and I love it so THERE! lol

now.. anybody who wants to figure out how I'm going to fit a single bed, a small sofa bed and a 36" dog crate in there
..please let me know lol

any advice from teeny tiny apartment livers?

Grab

Perhaps get one of the wooden crates that double as a table?

ACooper

I was thinking Murphy bed.......but I'm pretty sure they are quite pricey!

RD

Are you dead yet?
Get a decorative cover for the crate and it can double as an eating surface or entertainment center, LOL.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Personally I would try one or the other bed, not both, but that's just me. Unless you really need the sofa bed too. That makes my place look like a mansion! :p

Bailey08

How about a futon with a great mattress (and maybe a mattress topper)? Or a pull-out couch with the same?

Have you tried Googling something like "tiny apartment" or "small living space"? Apartment Therapy had a whole series, and I bet you could find something on Houzz (which is super addictive, btw). I think there are a lot of good ideas out there -- especially from New Yorkers. ;)

I love old places! I bet this one is really fun.

GipsyQueen

You Studio is a tad bigger than mine ...

Two words: STORAGE SPACE. You are going to need a lot of it. Do you have a basement? I tend to put everything in the basement if I don't need it.
This is what I fit into mine (mind you, here we don't have build-in closets):
Fold out bed (Can be sofa, or queen size bed) with a good mattress, Space dividing bookcase (Expedit - Ikea) + attaching desk, table that can very tiny or fit 6 people (Ikea - Norden), small expedit (Siriously this thing comes in all sizes), large ikea dresser (Hemnes).

Now it's changed a bit since then. When those pictures were taken, I still had a huge ugly closet, which I got rid of and bought a dresser, which saves alot of space. (I do need to get something to hang clothes up though)

ACooper

I would get a bed something like this if possible:

Maybe a room divider:

A love seat instead of a couch, and as other's have suggested........turn the dog crate into a coffee table :)

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Sounds really cool!! Looks like people have made pretty good suggestions. I'd go with low profile furniture. Sleek lines, small scale, lots of storage. Depending on where you live, I know there are stores out there that specialize in apartment furniture (just smaller scale furniture). Good luck and congrats! I know it will be beautiful!

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
Any kind of crate or box you can stack into furniture is a good start. You're going to need lots of places to stash things or you'll end up buried in clutter.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Thank you guys so much! Lol I love so much of this and it truly pains me to let go of circle/dr.who/murphy bed options

with some help from you guys I truly learned the value of furniture that can multitask!!

FROM IKEA:

Say hello to my new bed/desk (the desk slides on off so I can work in bed minus the bad posture lol)

it really just looks like this and slides on/ off the bed

the bed which during the day will be covered with a bedspread and some pillows and BE THE COUCH lol

and I would also like to thank the parents of the world for giving me THIS!!My storage solution/make up table/bench haha

I'll have mine set up exactly like this..

and my closet space for delicates lol

My by the front door storage box/dog grooming table/dog stuff storage area

FROM ETSY..

This is so needed to keep me organized..

Well it's totally generic and boring now, but I'll focus on fun stuff later :)

Saeleofu

My by the front door storage box/dog grooming table/dog stuff storage area
That is BRILLIANT! I've been wanting a grooming table ever since I got Logan, but don't have the space. If it's grooming storage AND a table, that's a different story!

Red.Apricot

I'm a big, big believer in wall art to spruce up a house/living space. I can't stand bare walls. I bought a bunch of secondhand frames for $0.25 each at a yardsale, and made art to put in them.

I also have a couple of tin advertisement things in the kitchen (from the craft store I used to work at) and a judgmental fish from the county fair, as well as two prints from a local artist.

My nekkid fox man and my judge-y fish:

Members online

No members online now.