hey there!

hey everybody!
I'm new on this site, so I just thought I'd say Hi! Does anyone have any Weimaraners here? I love them and would like to know a bit about what they are like to own from someone who knows what it's like.

thanx

*~*"grey ghost"*~* :)

Hi there & welcome! :)

I have met a few Weim's & they are gorgeous! From what I know about them they do require quite a bit of exercise. I have met a few in obed. school and they have done quite well altho they have seem to take a little more effort. :) I am sure others, more knowledgeable than me, will be able to give you some better info. :)

candy722

Hum....my bf's next door neighbor has 3 weim but I never got the chance to know them.

I love Weims! I don't know how they are in the US but over here *apparently* they can be extremely high strung with "nasty" tendencies, *apparently* from the massive amounts of inbreeding so you really have to find a decent breeder.

BUT as a gundog they will be fairly highly strung anyway, AND you should go for the best breeder you can find with any dog :)

wiemeraners can be very very high maintance and needy. i think they require professional training.they are prone to separation anxiety and they are definetly not the best about''holding it'' and can be prone to skin and temperment problems..definetly ask the breeder about skin

milo

Labrador lover!!!!!
HI ya andw welcome to the site!!I will be shore people in this forum will help you!!Im not to good the that breed of dog!!

Watts

I have a Weimaraner. He's only 11 weeks old and he's been great so far. One of my best friends has 2 of them and i know a couple other people that have them. They are a high energy dog, so if you aren't willing to walk it and play with it everyday, then don't get one. Mine is great so far. He's a puppy and does all the typical puppy things. But they are realy people dogs. They have to be kept inside because they are love their owners and love to be next to them. Some would say they are high maintainence, but i would say they are well worth any effort you put into them. I dont' consider it maintainence, as any dog is gonna need to be trained and played with. But it will probably never turn out to be laid back like a Golder Retriever. Like i said, they are a very people loving breed. The friend i was talking about that has 2, one of them is over a year old and he's great. Protective(barks) but will just lick you to death once he figures out you're friendly. Really smart dogs. If you are considering, please read up on them. Too many people get them because they "look beautiful" and they're so cute when they're puppies, then they turn into a 70-80lbs hyperactive dog and the people give them up. So sad. I guess this happens in all breeds, you just have to know the background and temperment of the breed you're getting so you can train it better, so then it won't turn into that hyperactive crazy dog. If trained properly, they are wonderful dogs. I don't want to sound mean, it's just that i hear about so many people that end up giving up these dogs just because they were uninformed about them. Mine is pretty much potty trained and crate trained at 11 wks and can sit and lay. I wouldn't call him very very high maintainence at all. Then again, he's only 11wks old and i'm still learning with him. Maybe you should just read up and figure it out for yourself. I'd highly recommend this breed, cause i've known them and been around them, but you have to know about them and thier tendancies. as far as their health concerns, not any more than any other dog. Bloat and hyps are the main concerns, but that's with alot of breeds. Here's a few links to learn more about weimaraners....hope you enjoy!

www.weimaraners.com

www.weimclubamerica.org

and a forum specifically for weims(UK based) www.weimaranerforum.org

Members online

No members online now.