Nature Park near me..

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Not sure where to put this thread, so if it doesn't belong here, can a mod move it?

I just took all of these with my phones camera. Its a Sidekick 08, in case anyone wonders.

Walking up to the first waterfall

There are several LARGE rocks here, this one is a baby compared to some of the ones further in, I didn't hike to those though

Mushrooms!

They were very cool. Growing on a log that came from a felled tree

First waterfall. The dogs love this one. Its the most friendly of the three.

I wish there wasn't a can in this shot, but I can't edit it out. My skillz are not that good!

Still at the first waterfall!

I'm standing on a rock cutting into the river. I did not wade as it was COLD!

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Enzo, being the proper waterdog

Moving up the river this time

This tree fell last year sometime, I believe...

I like to try to practice my "eye" even with this crappy little phone camera. I like this one a lot.

And the bridge leading to the second waterfall

Theres a HUGE expanse of rock leading to the second waterfall, which was actually part of the Mill here, but there was a group of people, so I had to leash both dogs, they also had a young rottie with them, and Oz was doing his best to be snarky, so I felt it best to keep moving and not leave the pup with any bad impressions of other dogs.

(You can see Oz in the next to last two, if you look REALLY hard!)

Last edited:

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
This part was also built as part of the old Mill, but I'm standing on the wall, so you can't see it. You can see the river is down a bit, but its WAY up from what it was like last summer during the drought.

This is where the water drains through the wall, and it makes a HORRENDOUS sucking noise. I kept yelling at the dogs to get out of the river, cause I was afraid theyd get sucked in...

And then spit out this side..

And its a heck of a ride..

To the bottom!

(Yes, we used to slide down that when we were younger, and not quite so dignified ;))

I always play that song in my head when she gallops up like this "hear she comes to save the daaay!!"

Oz IS here! He always checks in every fifty feet or so

We're passing the 2nd waterfall on the other side of the river. Enzo is leashed, because I wouldn't put it past her to gallop down there, jump the river, and land in someones lap.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
She was soon unleashed though, and we came to this muddy little trickle. Someone has kindly placed a plank for us to cross with

Though they didn't move the log in the way

Then we climed this HUGE FREAKING HILL

Some of us, more than once..

Annnd, they were forced to stop and sit still for a minute, so that I could take their picture

And finally, after we returned home
"Tired dogs are TIRED!"

The END!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Looks gorgeous there! I wish there was a place like that here...

Enzo is a NICE looking lab, btw. (In my un-expert opinion)

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Thanks! I think she's pretty stellar myself!

I love it. Its usually not very populated, and the one place that makes me contemplate getting a flexi lead for the dogs.

Its always very quite and serene as well. The river drowns out most noise from airplanes and the like. Its also a nice place to go riding.

Members online

No members online now.